Hall Sensor Bracket

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boot

Reaction score
I'd like to know the thickness of the Delrin bracket? I'm guessing it's about .250 . This is the one for "not using spark saver".
Also the coil I got from Howell only has one terminal on it besides the spark plug wire. The TIM 6 has a connector for a plus and a minus. How do I connect it to the TIM 6 if I only have a place for one wire? I assume it's the positive one.
Also is the magnet and senor hookup a "not spark saver" type. I don't have a spark saver as far as I know. Or know what it is.
Jerry says to twist the wires to stop interference .Which wires? Help I'm lost. Boot

If its the ATV type coil then the metal frame is ground, the terminal positive and spark wire goes to the sparkplug.

Twist thehree wires to the hall sensor as it says three times in the instructions

Not sure what bracket you are asking about

Hi Boot, Good to here your still plugging away.

If it's the ATV coil then the frame of the coil is the "Ground or Neg." If you look on the Tim-6 drawings you'll see that the neg connection is just one big neg connection bar. Just run a wire from the coil frame to this land or just make sure that all the connections that need a ground or neg. are connected together and connected to the Neg on the Tim-6.

Both of the hall effect sensors bracket are the same and are .250 thick. One just has an extra slot to hold and hide the spark saver sensor wires. From what you've said I don't think you have the spark saver sensor installed. It's a second hall sensor that has another magnet installed on the back of the primary exhaust valve push rod with another hall effect transistor in the little pocket behind the exhaust valve push rod guide. When it's wired in it shuts down the power going to the Tim-6 when the engine is coasting and extends the battery life by a factor of 6-8.

If you have anymore questions just PM me and I'll give you some other ways to contact me.

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks again : Jim . I'll contact you on a PM

Latest posts

Back