Grasshopper table engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyril H

Reaction score
grasshopper assembly.JPG
grasshopper assembly 2.JPG

I am 86 years old and do not have the facilities to model anymore so I have taken to creating models on CAD.

I have attached screen shots of a model I made from photo's of an engine an uncle of mine used to own, hope it is of interest

Nice looking model. Are you planning to sell the plans or offer them to the forum?

Cheers,

Andrew in Melbourne

Nice looking model. Are you planning to sell the plans or offer them to the forum?

Cheers,

Andrew in Melbourne
I have no plans at the moment, I modelled it in Solid Works, all done on the fly and saved, I did make a small video of the model in motion but I can't upload it to the site as it's not an approved extension.

Cyril,

Your Grasshopper is a very nice looking model. Continuing on by developing 3D CAD models is a great way to keep active in the hobby.

Best regards,

Chuck
Thanks Chuck, I was thinking of getting a 3D printer but that probably will not happen.

Interesting design. Is this an actual model? Has it ever been full size engines of this kind?
I'm still learning about steam engines and love everything old about them. So the history goes hand in hand with this hobby.
Rudy

Latest posts

Back