Good news

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
My nephew has been a physics major at the local State university. Just found out he has been accepted as a summer intern at one of the national laboratories. Cool stuff.
Tin

Congratulations. Good news is always welcome.

I just wish some of it would come my way!

John

Runs in the family eh?
Congrats!!!

They just might have some cool toys for you to
play with. Well..admire from afar...

John

Admire from afar indeed. like half way across the country.
He mentioned the possablity of going for a PHD looks like a step in the right direction.
Tin

G,day Tin,

That is great news.

Its all well and good to have the qualifications but hands on experience is vital.

Over here in Australia within the mining boom we have a massive skills shortage. I constantly come across people with all the relevant theory training but have absolutely no practical training, This makes it hard to get things done when they have to rely on the people with the practical side of things under there belt.

You never know mate, working as a summer intern gives your nephew not only the practical training but also gives him a chance to expose himself to the industry and make a name for himself.

My sister has a PHD in science, she had the opportunity to volunteer at the University Of Western Australia, that then led on to full time employment there.

Congratulations and Please wish the boy good luck all the way from Australia.

Cheers,
Baz.

Latest posts

Back