• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Glow plug driver

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built a pair of Hex-4's from Model Engine Builder Magazine. Using the provided drawing from Jerry, I had some electronic boards made so I could build the driver circuit. To get a better price per board and fearing the proverbial, "Hay, I want one of those", I had 25 of the circuit boards made.

If anybody has held off building the Hex-4 fearing they would also have to dabble in the electronics, or has built one and would like a driver board, I will have them for $35 plus shipping. This will only be until supplies last unless there is a great demand wich is unlikely.

I have 2 complete and tested. I solder the boards up 4 at a time because components are expensive when buying a few at a time. If I have nothing ready there might be a 48 hour wait period before shipping while I get them made.

I'm not looking to get into business, I am just doing this to help out the "electronically challenged" that would like to build and get running the Hex-4. I am not affiliated with the James engine in any way. Jerry does however provide the 8 pin chip for the driver board.

http://www.jamesengine.com/index_files/Page662.htm

DSCN1743.JPG

DSCN1517.JPG

DSCN0838.JPG

Latest posts

Back