• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Magnum 91 casting kit plus some extras

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcjustis

Reaction score
I have a casting kit of the Magnum 91 (15cc) r/c plane engine. This was originally put out by Morris Moser, at least that's what the drawings show. Best I can tell is that it's from the early 90's. I picked this up several years ago and then proceeded to add to my casting kit collection to the point that I'd be lucky to finish them all if I lived to be 150 yrs old. So, something has to go. You will get the crankcase, machined aluminum cylinder, finished piston rings, rocker arm frame with bushings, a pack of nuts and bolts, valve springs, there are some valves in there, but they aren't the correct size for this engine, all needed ball bearings, and there is also a pick up for an electronic ignition. Also included are the plans which are very thorough and detailed. There are some hints and tips in there also. There is a 3/4" dia x almost 2" long piece of brass.

This can be built as a marine engine, air cooled glow, or air cooled ignition. All versions are included in the instructions. I'll answer any questions the best I can. This is exactly what I received when I purchased it. Again, it's just low on my list of engines I want to build so I thought I'd let this one go.

I'll let it go for $130 shipped through USPS with tracking in the USA.

Thanks,
Martin

Attachments

• castings1.jpg
    castings1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 102
  • castings2.jpg
    castings2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 99
  • castings3.jpg
    castings3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 94