Gears 2013

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starnovice

Reaction score
That is right GEARS will be back for 2013!!! The show dates are Sept 28-29 with setup being on the 27th.

The organization "Friends of 4449" will host the GEARS 2013 show at the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation (http://www.orhf.org). This is an early heads-up stayed tuned for more details.

I have provided the exhibitor list to the current coordinators and they will be sending out detailed information. Most of the previous vendors have already been contacted and are on board (pun intended) for this years show.

The new coordinators Grant Carsen and his wife Joanna worked very closely with me on the GEARS show over the past 9 years. They believe the show should continue with the same basic philosophy as we followed in previous shows, although being in a new venue they may have to make some minor adjustments.

The new facilities will be bigger than the old one and will provide the opportunity to expand the types of exhibitors to include model boats, airplanes, etc. The criteria being that it was built in a home shop and not bought as a kit in a hobby shop. They also expect to allow live steam.

It is still early in their planning stage and some adjustments may have to be made, but I think they will do a good job of representing GEARS and the ideals it was founded on. By involving the live steam community this is an opportunity for the show to be bigger then ever.

I strongly encourage you to show them the support you showed me and my team over the past 9 years.

More details to follow as they become available.

Pat Wicker

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back