Oregon GEARS 2013

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoan

Reaction score
Well the brass is polished and everything loaded; My buddy Max and I will be heading for Portland Oregon early in the morning, it's about a 7 hour trip for us. If any one happens to make it to the show stop and say hi.

Dave

With any luck, I will be there Sunday, leaving Victoria tomorrow evening.

Brian

Wisconsin is to long a drive I think I'll wait for your photos.
Art

If you haven’t heard the Oregon GEARS show is going to happen again this year.
The venue has changed but the dates are the same September 28 &29.

This year’s show will be held at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center in Portland.

http://www.orhf.org/

http://gears.cbnetsolutions.net/

Hopefully with a good turnout this year, this great show in the beautiful Pacific Northwest will continue on for many years to come.

Dave
While a little smaller, the GEARS show was a success. Kudos to Joanna and Grant Carsen. I'm very glad that my wife Carole and I set up our engines and display at the show. Grant indicated that the show will be back next year and we plan to be there.

Carl

Does anyone have a link to a decent set of photos from the show, I have so far only seen a few that were posted on MEM.

J

Jason

Sorry to say I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this year; what I posted on MEM is pretty much all I have.

Carl which engines were yours? I'm sorry I didn't stop and say hi; or maybe I did talk to you and didn't know you were on HMEM.

Dave

Glad to hear everything went good at the show. Sorry I missed it, but will try to make it next year. I enjoy all the workmanship and good company.
Dan

Jason

Sorry to say I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this year; what I posted on MEM is pretty much all I have.

Carl which engines were yours? I'm sorry I didn't stop and say hi; or maybe I did talk to you and didn't know you were on HMEM.

Dave

Dave. We were set up against the wall between the entrance and the rest rooms. Wayne had his tractor and GEARS steam engines and my engines were next in line. I had five IC engines lined up with a Red Wing in the middle. The two end engines were my own designs and the other two were Duclos' engines. We also had 4 steam engines running. We had the "OK to touch" stuff out for people to handle.

Carl

I got there early on Saturday and the place was packed. There were a few moments when I was able to get a few photos.

Problem is I keep getting "this is not a valid file" when I try to post as an attatchment. I have posted photos before without problems. Any Ideas

Mark T

What format is the file, all the types you can use are listed above the "manage attachments" tab eg .jpg .gif

The photos are in JPG format and are from the same camera I have used before when posting.

Mark T

Giving it another try this morning

Photos from Gears Show

Mark T

Gears-1.jpg

Gears-2.jpg

Gears-3.jpg

Gears-4.jpg

Gears-5.jpg

Gears-6.jpg

Gears-7.jpg

Carl

I didn't make the connection; now I know. My friend Max and I were just across the isle and down a bit from you and Wayne.

I have always enjoyed seeing your work, at the this and all the past GEARS shows.

I would also like to think Grant and Joana for putting putting on the show and all the railroad volunteers who seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Hopefully next year some of the folks who stayed home for what ever reason will be able to make it.

Dave

Back