G'day From Perth Western Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfreak177

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Barry, I live in Perth Western Australia.
I have been a member of this forum for 3 months and am sure that I introduced myself then but can't seem to find my original post. I did not want so seem rude after reading the rules so I thought I would do a re-introduction and play it safe.

I have been an absolute fanatic with engines, machinery and generally anything that goes bang from a very young age (NO I am not a pyromaniac, "well maybe a little bit")
I have 2 current projects on the go, 1, 1/4 scale blown v8 which I have info on under the photo's and video section which has a link to photobucket where you can see my progress and also pictures of my shop.
2, kj66 turbine build which is going on behind the scenes, progress on this is very slow so far, I am more interested in the v8 at the moment.

My shop consists of a 9x20 lathe which I have converted to CNC, a super X3 mill which I also have converted to CNC with a fourth axis added, being a vertex 4" rotary table which is cnc controlled as well.

I also have the auxilary equipment, ac/dc tig welder, 12" sheetmetal rollers, 3 in 1 combination bender, roller, guilotine with a capacity of 1 metre.

I have found this forum to be friendly, and a wealth of knowlage and advice which all could not be able to fit within a book. I look forward to future hobby engineering and support from fellow members.

My biggest ambition is the establishment of my own mini machine shop which I am planning to set up and operate from home, I have worked on mine sites (fly in fly out) for several years which has enabled me to purchase all my equipment and tooling. I have also just had 1 month off work to finish the shop and start work at a local engineering buisness as a workshop foreman, This option gives me more time for my family and business.

Anyway enough said about myself, time to turn on the tools.

Regards, Barry.

Hi Just spent a month in your lovely city I was there at the time of the red bull air races, week after the hail stone , my son lives in Perth part time and like you goes up to the gas plants up country to work and flies back one a month. stayed in a fantastic hotel there the Richardson in Richardson street.really nice had a grate time there would love to move out there but I cannot get insurance.

peter

Barry,

Hello from England. Good luck with the new job.

Mike

Barry,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hy Barry
Welcome to our forum. wEc1
Paolo

Hello,

I would like to thank you guy's for the warm welcome. I still need to update my 1/4 scale V8 build, my new job has proven to be a challenge and there are not enough hours in the day. just as I was looking for. once I find my feet again I will be back into my build.

Regards Barry.

Contratulations on the new job, Barry. Thankfully it didn't take you long to find something. Looking forward to more on the V8 when you get your new shop sorted.

Latest posts

Back