Garage aaworkshop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleboost

Reaction score
Had a bit of a tidy up so hear it is
P1010015.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Chinese lathe bought second hand i stripped and rebuilt using new bolts and bearings the best improvement was halving the spindle speed with some different pulleys.
I have had some good results using this lathe it can be surprisingly accurate
P1010004.jpg

Chinese mill drill no complaints at all with this for the money ou cant go wrong i bought this new
P1010003.jpg

Cheap pedestal drill you would be amazed at the work this machine has done .
P1010005.jpg

160 amp MiG welder this is a propper copper transformer job i have tried the cheap ones there is no comparison
P1010006.jpg

140 amp tig unit this is a inverter type welder i picked it up on ebay for half the price of a cheap import a very handy piece of kit ,you can also do MMA (stick ) welding with it.
P1010010.jpg

TIG welded wash out plug on steel boiler
P1010001.jpg

The lathe again

i saw that engine behind the drill press ;D how about a pic of it

Nice assortment of equipment you got there :)

Yout tig/mma inverter doesnt have a hf starter? how well does it work when you start welding by touching the surface?

I ask, because i have a similar inverter and want to buy the equipment for tig welding, but i wonder if it works reasonable without a hf starter...

Nice weld, by the way :)

Stefan

doubleboost, like the shop and the tools, looks like a fun place to be and hide from everyone, love the marine engine, could you possible point me in the directions where I could get the plans, that look very nice and got some size, thanks, Cando

Hi
Using the scratch start method for tig welding is no problem .It pays to use a scrap piece of metal to start the arc on to avoid contaminating the weld with tungsten.
You also need to use pure argon
John

Latest posts

Back