• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Quorn Mk-II Universal Tool and Cutter Grinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedfordChris

Reaction score
Quorn Mk-II Universal Tool and Cutter Grinder
Construction is about 95% complete and it looks like it may have only ever tried out a handful of times.
It had been sitting, covered, for some years as the original owner/builder had passed away.
All I have done to it is oiled it up and bolt it to a piece of wood, to make it easier to carry. (It's much heavier than it looks!)

Includes: 95% completed Quorn tool & cutter grinder, grinding wheels of different profiles & grits, different sized arbors for the wheels, 0.15kW (.20 hp) 115v motor, unmachined castings for the spirialing head bracket and tailstock bracket

Also included are the following documents:
"The Quorn Universal Tool and Cutter Grinder" book by Professor D H Chaddock (brown commercially published book)
"Operating Instructions for the Quorn Tool & Cutter Grinder" book by Professor D. H. Chaddock (yellow comb bound book)
Original 'Quorn' Tool & Cutter Grinder Mark 2 full-size blueprints: sheet 1 of 4, sheet 2 of 4, and sheet 3 of 4 (unfortunately missing sheet 4 of 4)

Asking $400 for the entire package.
Located just outside of Boston, MA.

Additional photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/QKC9bw3nJymvnpUw9

20160717_165633.jpg

20160717_170842.jpg

20160919_200723.jpg

20160919_200530.jpg

I have a Mark 1 but with better ball handles. Having said that , it is a bargain. The price is less than the materials and believe me, there has been a helluva lot of work added.

What people miss out is the ability for one to go on the milling machine- as a little surface grinder.
The prospective buyer should get the MEW articles on it by the late Phillip Amos.

Chaddock made the cutters for his Vee 12(?) on it . It's as good as that

Norman

I purchased this from Chris. The sale went very smooth. Chris went out of his way to pack things up as I wanted. The Quorn arrived in great shape. I put it together and all looked as I expected. It will need some tool holders, a paint job, motor belt cover fitting, and then realignment on reassembly. It was good value for the money.

Thanks Chris

Bob

Latest posts

Back