For you bling meisters...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool stuff. Don't think I am at the point that I need much bling. I will stay with just improving my basic skills.

Marv---I too seen that on the "other" forum. Its getting many disparaging remarks over there, however I think its quite beautiful.--And as I said "over there"---This guy obviously doens't have issues with machining marks like I do.---Brian

Nice machining work, without a doubt. But kinda pointless.

I see model engines as more of the same thing; mechanical art. But, not having any moving parts, and simply as display is just not my thing. I'd rather see it move and see the parts working together in some sort of kinetic dance.

I admire machine work like that.
I agree, they would be more interesting if they were part of a machanism.
They also made me think of flux capacitors, photon generators, discombobulators and othe sci-fi warp drive parts

sorry got a little carried away there.
-B-

I think I will stick to building engines!!
His work is beautiful in a strange and interesting way.
Bet he get big bucks for his work.
I wonder how many what is it, what does it do comments he gets?
It is art not bad just different.
I does have a sci fi feel photon torpedo? proton disruptor? Hmm
Tin

I was looking at a hand machined 9 cylinder radial the other day, admiring the artwork and happened to scroll down to the bottom of the page and saw it for sale for 12,000 dollars.
Obviously people are buying them if there is an order form.
I guess my point is, the artwork made here can also carry a nice price tag like a sculpture, only to who is interested.
-B-

ZohoHomeTempPic.jpg

http://www.zohoartforms.com/

Yeah, the Zohoart metal men are awesome. They've been my wallpaper at work for several months. ;D

I have a friend who also likes to dress up his engines a little bit. These engravings are all done by hand. I does not hurt that he professionally engraves firearms for a living has done so for many years. For size reference, the steam chest is 5/8 inch wide and the standards are about 2 inches tall.

Gail in NM

EngravedChest.jpg

EngravedStandards.jpg

EngravedBase.jpg

Nice Gail,

They've been my wallpaper at work for several months

That's funny, me too!

Wow, that's purty!

Chuck

The engraving enhances the Victorian feel of the steam. I really like Cedge's recent work for the same recent. That was an ornate period.

I still remember my grandmother's treadle sewing machine. All sorts of fleur dis les gingerbread on the cast iron and brass.

Now I could never do that stuff by hand. But, I am pretty sure I could program my CNC to do it. I will have to try at some point!

Cheers,

BW

Latest posts

Back