Fly Ball Governer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Does anyone have model plans they can share for a fly ball governor? I know kits are available and some engine kits have them but I have not seen drawing otherwise.
Tin

Elmer's rope drive engine,

ROPE1.jpg

ROPE2.jpg

features a functioning flyball governor driven off a pulley on the crankshaft. He mounts it horizontally but it could just as easily be vertical. At any rate, if you have his book, the plans will at least give you a jumping off point for designing your own.

Tin
Hope this gets to you fast. Check item #260168772979 on ebay. unfortunately less than 30 minutes left, but no bidders, so you might still buy it after the auction ends.

Steve

Guys:
Thanks for the heads up. Looking around I se several on e-bay for aoung 8 bucks plus $4.00 shipping. I see there are actualy two versions out there. the 1915 Lindsay reprint and the Nations builders 192? reprint . Slightly different tittles bu look to be essentialy different editions of the same book. So this will be going on the books to buy list.
Tin

Latest posts

Back