Quantcast

flat 4 cylinder engine / boxer

Help Support HMEM:

tristan.h

Reaction score
Hey, guy's

I am searching for a "simple" design plan or ic plan for a flat 4 cylinder or better known as a boxer engine, does anybody have a pdf fille form a plan or has a link to a website where I could find such a thing?

kind regards.

James Barker

Reaction score
Tristan, Hello. This may get you going. Lots of models to choose from but there is a boxer listed in there.

harshil26

Reaction score
Tristan, Hello. This may get you going. Lots of models to choose from but there is a boxer listed in there.

Thanks a lot :D

Saddo

Reaction score
Hi
Have a look at hemingway.co.uk in the IC section they have the mastiff flat 4. I can recommend them and this engine having built one.
Brian

petertha

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
There is a 120cc boxer available through this link (metric dimensions, methanol fuel, glow ignition). I purchased his plans for another engine & they are quite complete - fully dimensioned 2D drawings (originated from made from 3D model) c/w parts listings etc. I haven't seen videos of that particular engine running but I also haven't specifically looked either. A lot of his engines share similar attributes in terms of timing, compression, carburation etc. so I would think high confidence of being a good runner.

The_reach

Reaction score
The V8 from this site looks a real beauty as do many o the other engines too,had anyone built any more of theirs?

Shopgeezer

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
The Hemingway site doesn’t seem to exist, my browser can’t find it.

Saddo

Reaction score
My apologies it's hemingwaykits.com
Just a brain fart I'm afraid age doesn't come alone.
Brian

petertha

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
The V8 from this site looks a real beauty as do many o the other engines too,had anyone built any more of theirs?
I ended up working on a similar displacement 5-cyl radial from a different designer (Ohrndorf), But I compared the plans & details between them quite closely. At least from that perspective I would have high confidence of the Jung being a decent runner. Attaching construction link below for Modelltechnik 7-cyl radial, its also mentioned on his website album page. I bought the plans for his V6 as a prospective next project. Its an interesting design, built-up crankshaft, cog timing belt for cams, twin carbs. I like the looks of the V8 too, only 2 more cylinders LOL. (ps, I have so affiliation with the designer, just personal opinions thus far)

The_reach

Reaction score
I ended up working on a similar displacement 5-cyl radial from a different designer (Ohrndorf), But I compared the plans & details between them quite closely. At least from that perspective I would have high confidence of the Jung being a decent runner. Attaching construction link below for Modelltechnik 7-cyl radial, its also mentioned on his website album page. I bought the plans for his V6 as a prospective next project. Its an interesting design, built-up crankshaft, cog timing belt for cams, twin carbs. I like the looks of the V8 too, only 2 more cylinders LOL. (ps, I have so affiliation with the designer, just personal opinions thus far)

Superb information, thank you for that
Jimmy

cbooth

Reaction score
WT engines does a flat 4. Their plans are good. I built the single cylinder version ( as my profile photo) and I think they share similar details

Latest posts