Finished-Treadle Engine Fred

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
Well, I rubbed and scrubbed all weekend in my "shop". Finally done with polishing, and put it together, finished at 8:00 pm Sunday nite. There are a couple things I wish had turned out better, but if I don't tell you, you promise not to mention that you see them, right? ;) The frames are aluminum angles, flywheels are stainless 2" dia., crank is built up from 5/16 keystock and 5/32 CR round. Delrin bearings.

Fred0035.jpg

Fred0036.jpg

I uploaded a short video on photobucket. try this link. Let me know if it doesn't work. There's something hypnotic about watching that crank swing around the main bearings.

I started this as a practice piece for some new techniques I wanted to try. It just sort of snowballed into something to be shown. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed building it and sharing with you. Dave

Great Job Dave!!! i'm going to have to get off my butt and build one of these:O) Thanks for the Video, It makes it all that much better.

Wes

Yep, it's nicely done alright - great effort

Davyboy, very nice craftsman ship. I wish I had your patience to put those nice polish jobs on. It really rounds out an already nicely crafted machine.

Again nice job!

Thanks for the nice comments. The polishing wasn't so bad, aluminum works pretty easily. 4/0 steel wool really made it shine. But, after a couple days, the oxidation started. I sprayed the aluminum with clear coat, still need some work to make that come out right. Again, it was a lot of fun to build, and even more fun to have friends enjoy it too. Dave

Nice job Davyboy.

Here's a though, anodizing. You can clear anodize or different colors. That would realy make aluminum look great.

I've got to build one off these for my nephew. Ahhhhhhh.........another project. :p

Bernd

Anodizing sure is cool, but I gotta make a new kitchen for the wife, first. Shop needs work, too. Maybe I'll get the old cabinets for my new anodizing dept. Dave

Latest posts

Back