Engine from scrap

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xavier

Reaction score
Hi guys

Well I found some useful scrap to work with so I thought that Id post some photos of it, not that there is much to show at the moment.

Motor1.jpg

Motor2.jpg

Motor3.jpg

motor4.jpg

Cell Phone Photos 022.jpg

Cell Phone Photos 024.jpg

motor6.jpg

motor5.jpg

001 (600 x 450).jpg

003 (600 x 450).jpg

Last edited:
Looking great so far. Are you working from plans?

Thanks for looking guys 198 viewers and 2 reply's is not a good start LOL

Every plan that I made has been dumped because of availability of materials, so the basic idea is still the same but I keep changing things all the time. At the moment my problem is the cylinder that needs to be reamed and honed, the thing is the reamer that I have is to small and the honer is just too big and I can't seem to find a smaller one guess I'll just have to make one up somehow.

All the best
Xavier

OK well today I managed to lengthen the con-rod and got some work done on the exhaust valve but I still did not get the cylinder to size. :D still trying to figure out whats the best size for my photos.

All the best
Xavier

motor15.jpg

motor16.jpg

motor17.jpg

This will definitely be fun to watch. If the rest of it turns out as well as your piston/crank assembly, it will be a thing of beauty.

Thanks Brian

I managed to modify the honer today so got started on the cylinder. The stones on the honer had to be taken down by 1.5mm so that it would fit in the cylinder I did that with an ordinary file but I would think that it would have worked better with a diamond file any way I should have the cylinder done by tomorrow some time. Then it will be getting it all lined up on the base (I'm kind of looking forward to that)

All the best
xavier

Hi guys well not much to report as time was scars these past few day but I did get the cylinder to size also cut it a bit deeper and found a nice base plate, so I started to get it together. I still need to find a flywheel for it and I need to find the center for the other bush or bearing depending on what I can find before I can do any thing else on it.

All the best have fun
Xavier

motor18.jpg

Motor19.jpg

motor20.jpg

Xavier, that is a really impressive looking engine so far and considering it's all from parts that would otherwise be discarded it's even more impressive. What a clever little vegemite you are :D

Well done. I look forward to the next chapter in this little adventure.

Hi Andy

Thanks for looking and the reply. I don't think that I will be able to do any more work on it till the end of our planting season but if I get a gap I sure will be on it.

All the best
Xavier

Hi Guys

Well the planting is almost done but I had to have an op to remove a cancer growth just above the eye. As soon as I feel up to it I'll be starting with my project again but right now it's taking it easy time :cool:

All the best
Xavier

Xavier, sorry to hear about your medical problems. I hope you have a quick and pain free recovery.

I'm looking forward to you resuming work on this fascinating engine.

All the best.

Xavier, I tried joining the forum you posted, but I get a warning about not being allowed to view that topic?

Hi Andy

I'm a moderator on that forum and I will look into it right away as there are NO reason why you should not be able to view any of our threads (we have lots of guests) but you will not be able to post. I will get back to you as soon as this problem has been resolved.

All the best to you
Xavier

Hi Andy

I'm busy sorting out this problem. Hopefully I will be able to get you on soon. I'm waiting for a reply from the guys on the moderators board.

Regards
Xavier

Latest posts

Back