Encabulator build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please forward 24 units for evaluation at your earliest,

Thank You

R. Ipemoff
Clones R Us
Australia.

Ah, I see, the star fish is only Electroencephagraphically challenged for a short while. Interesting indeed.

"Bill Gruby"

steamer said:
OK THAT's where they buried Paul Harvey! I knew it!

;D

I regret to report that I have not found the culprit who provided the Encabulator disinformation. I am pleased to report I have found Paul Harvey but I can't dig up an AM radio to tune him up. I am now searching for a substitute with PM and FM operated digitally. A front end loader, bobcat or backhoe would also help.

My thanks to Dave for the time consuming timely reminder.

Best Regards
Bob

tel said:
Please forward 24 units for evaluation at your earliest,

Thank You

R. Ipemoff
Clones R Us
Australia.

Dear Mr Ipemoff

I will be happy to comply with your request if you will supply a stamped, self addressed 40' shipping container.

Your name came up this afternoon in a meeting with a group of oriental gentlemen who were visiting my shop. Every time it came up they chuckled among themselves in a deprecating manner. I didn't get the joke but they seemed to be having a great time laughing and taking pictures. I offered to loan them a non working evaluation sample but they said it wasn't necessary. They seemed to be in a rush to get some shopping done. I don't understand the language but two of the senior members dressed in well tailored suits kept mentioning Walmart. They didn't look like the typical Walmart shopper but their eyes lit up every time the said it.

Jerry

Maryak said:
I don't think so, it's very difficult to mechanicalise sinusoidal reciprocation especially when you must consider the variation in depleneration which if my understanding is correct should remain constant. I think that the thread which holds the dingle arm will be strong enough and this topic together with the arm will remain gyroscopically fixed to true north effectively preventing reciprocation other than a further reply.

I don't know, Bob. You're just wayyy too glib with these explanations. Are you sure you never had a career in sales? Perhaps management?

Maryak said:
I regret to report that I have not found the culprit who provided the Encabulator disinformation. I am pleased to report I have found Paul Harvey but I can't dig up an AM radio to tune him up. I am now searching for a substitute with PM and FM operated digitally. A front end loader, bobcat or backhoe would also help.

My thanks to Dave for the time consuming timely reminder.

Best Regards
Bob

;D

mklotz said:
I don't know, Bob. You're just wayyy too glib with these explanations. Are you sure you never had a career in sales? Perhaps management?

I had a crack at both in my time................ they were the inspiration for returning to the tools. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

I had a very disturbing evening. My son called to check on me. After a long conversation, he finally convinced me that the Turbo Encabulator was some kind of hoax perpetrated on a group of innocent students, by a demented instructor at Chrysler Corp. It is not clear to me what his purpose was or what kind of punishment he was dealt as a result. Most likely it was insufficient. I think that these people should be more responsible when dealing with our impressionable youth.

I guess the jokes on me. I spent many hours developing the concept and producing the plans in 4D Cad. Now what am I to do with all these parts?

I must admit that I am disappointed in the membership of this forum. I suspect that many of you were aware of the hoax and yet not one of you gave me a "heads up!" That's what PMs are for. You allowed me to continue and even drew me out with your replies. As I go back and read them again, I can see that you were just laughing at me.

Well, actually Ken did make some mention of the hoax but at the time but I discounted that as the mumbling of a disgruntled ex employee. My apologies for misunderstanding your motives Ken.

Things will probably look different in the morning.

It just seemed so real.........?!

Jerry

I dont want to belittle the author of this thread but am a bit confused....

So is this thread for real?

Difficult to determine considering the cultural humour differences in our similar societies.....

Please define "FOR REAL". As I see it it is for real as you make it.

"Bill Gruby"

Aw man, I already have my stock cut. By the way, does anyone need a slightly used bridge?

John Rudd said:

Difficult to determine considering the cultural humour differences in our similar societies.....

Most of us have a favorite tool in the shop that we use to extreme. I hope that I might be excused for excessive use of the "Putting On Tool." I find that it is a more acceptable tool than the "Dead Horse Beater" that I try to avoid.

Jerry

You are most likely correct in that assumption h/mman, however, the stink was what most likely killed the bloody beast.

All I can say about all of this nonsense is may angels fear not to walk but fools tread lightly.

BC1
Jim

John Rudd said:

John

I saw your reply and apparently I answered too glibly. A clue to the reality might be that it was posted in the "Break Room" rather than in "A work in Progress." I thought it was satire, but I may have missed the mark. I think that satire is best when it is carried to its logically extreme. As you come from the land of the "Ministry of Silly Walks," I would hope that you would appreciate the hyperbole. Satire also includes an element of irony and what could be more ironic than the initiator being taken in by his own misinformation and recognizing it to late and taking offense at those who saw it from the start.

If humor must be explained, it missed the mark, and I apparently missed the mark but it was not done with malice. My apologies, I'm still learning.

bearcar1 said:
You are most likely correct in that assumption h/mman, however, the stink was what most likely killed the bloody beast.

All I can say about all of this nonsense is may angels fear not to walk but fools tread lightly.

BC1
Jim

Jim

I'm not sure I understand your post. Does it mean that my apology isn't accepted?

Jerry

I think this is all in great fun and has been.....May it continue unabated....I , at least, find it humorous. This skit has been around the block for so long I think it predates me by a bit. JMHO.

Dave

Perhaps I am wrapped a bit too tightly and did not fully appreciate the humor as it was intended. Shame on me. And, Jerry, there is no reason to apologize, Peace.
:bow:

BC1
Jim

Captain Jerry

I would hope that you would reconsider and continue the research and developement of the Encabulator build. With all the advances you have made to date it would be a shame to discontinue work on it at stage. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Dave, Jim, Don,

Don't get me wrong. I said I apologize. I didn't say I'd quit.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back