Encabulator build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Jerry

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I had not intended to publish this project yet but competitive pressures have made it necessary to advertise my intent before completion to prevent imitators and usurpers. Here is an early spec sheet and a few photos of the Retro Encabulator in development. A full build thread may follow if successful.

Specifications:

Dual double-acting flux injectors with semi-boloid chambers
arranged in an unconventional Lotus nDelta configuration.
Quad spurthing bearings to eliminate side fumbling of the spiral decomutator.
Omnidirectional phase detractors on all controls.*
Cast iron valve with hydrocoptic Marzal vanes.
Concealed Dingle arm to control sinusoidal depleneration.
Power take-off at either end via an ambifacient lunar wane-shaft.

*At this scale, no attempt has been made to emulate cardinal grammeter synchronization.

Jerry

View attachment Capt Jerry\'s Retro Encabulator.pdf

Encabulator II 001.JPG

Encabulator II 009.JPG

CJ,
I haven't a clue what you have described.....but it sounds/looks good

Does this item work in conjuction with a Flux Capacitor on a DeLorean? :)

I had not noticed the Giant Starfish that had wandered into the frame on the second picture above but it useful to show scale. This species is common in Central Florida and measures about 18" from across. They are a nuisance but we get use to them.

Jerry

John Rudd said:
CJ,
I haven't a clue what you have described.....but it sounds/looks good

Does this item work in conjuction with a Flux Capacitor on a DeLorean? :)

No John, it doesn't. It was originally conceived to work with long molecule Leerium but the government confiscated all supplies of Leerium in the early '70s. The design as envisioned would be suitable to use with super heated hydrogen dioxide but due to the inherent danger will more likely be powered by a high pressure mixture of 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen

Jerry

Can we assume that you will publish plans here when complete and after all patent issues have been resolved.
Gail in NM

will more likely be powered by a high pressure mixture of 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen

Funy I use almost the same fuel for my tin can turbine. Slightly less nitrogen a tad more oxygen and small amounts of argon co2 , helium neon etc and a bit of Dihodogen monoxide gas for good measure.
Tin

GailInNM said:
Can we assume that you will publish plans here when complete and after all patent issues have been resolved.
Gail in NM

Yes. Complete plans will be posted with all relevant parts redacted. Patent application my be difficult because little (if anything) is known about the underlying operating principles.

Jerry

Won't the dingle arm need to reciprocate to provide the proper sinusoidal depleneration?

shred said:
Won't the dingle arm need to reciprocate to provide the proper sinusoidal depleneration?

I don't think so, it's very difficult to mechanicalise sinusoidal reciprocation especially when you must consider the variation in depleneration which if my understanding is correct should remain constant. I think that the thread which holds the dingle arm will be strong enough and this topic together with the arm will remain gyroscopically fixed to true north effectively preventing reciprocation other than a further reply.

Best Regards
Bob

P.S. For further clarification reference should be made to "Bob's Glossary of Useless Knowledge." Of course you will require clearance from the relevant authorities before this document is accessible as it contains large amounts of sensitive as well as de-sensitising material.

"P.S. For further clarification reference should be made to "Bob's Glossary of Useless Knowledge." Of course you will require clearance from the relevant authorities before this document is accessible as it contains large amounts of sensitive as well as de-sensitising material."

OK THAT's where they buried Paul Harvey! I knew it!

;D

shred said:

Yes, Shred, it must. Otherwise it would be subjected to excess depleneration as the barescent skor motion reached optimum directance.

Jerry

My apologies :-[

I obviously do not fully understand the interrelationships involved :-X

Shred please disregard my ramblings.

I will retire now and make a full investigation as to who put the misleading information in "Bob's Glossary of Useless Knowledge."

Thanks Jerry :bow: for setting me on the path of optimum directance.

Best Regards
Bob

Just how long ago did that starfish wander in there? It's "belly-up", meaning it's deceased.
Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}

"Bill Gruby"

No need to apologize, Bob. As stated earlier, "little, if anything is known about the underlying principles". My build is stalled at the moment as I am having a difficult time sourcing prefamulated amulite. So far, all I can find is undifferentiated amulite which will have to be famulated on-site. I may need to build an oven.

Jerry

You don't have to use prefamulated amulite. A turboencabulator encompasses capacitive directance, so you can create a panametric fam using six hydrocoptic marzel vanes soffited to the ambifacient lunar wainshaft such that side-fumbling is effectively prevented

Bill Gruby said:
Just how long ago did that starfish wander in there? It's "belly-up", meaning it's deceased.

"Bill Gruby"

No Bill. Not deceased. This species is subject to spontaneous narcoleptic seizures which only last a few seconds. They recover quickly an continue on as if nothing has happened. There is some disagreement as to whether or not they are even aware of the event.

Jerry

I'm glad to see the turbo encabulator is still around. I worked for Chrysler for 41 years, and about 20 years ago I was sitting in on a training class with a bunch of young technicians just starting out in the business. The instuctor put a tape in the vcr and told them that they should pay attention because they would be quizzed on this subject. I almost fell out of my chair when this guy started talking about the encabultor. Those kids were actually taking notes. Some of them caught on right away but didn't blow it and kept quiet. It was hilarious. I made them give me a copy of that tape and showed it around in a bunch of shops. There are a few different versions of it now on the interent. Thanks for bringing it back up. A good laugh.
Ken

BAH101 said:
You don't have to use prefamulated amulite. A turboencabulator encompasses capacitive directance, so you can create a panametric fam using six hydrocoptic marzel vanes soffited to the ambifacient lunar wainshaft such that side-fumbling is effectively prevented

Prefamulated amulite is not absolutely necessary to the operation but this is, after all, a 1:7 scale model and I would like to stick to the original concept though not necessarily the configuration of the original and amulite is critical to the concept. It may be that prefamulated amulite is called something else in Oz.

Jerry

kennyb said:
I worked for Chrysler for 41 years,

Ken

I see that we have a lot in common. I once owned a 41 year old Chrysler, a source of much joy and the site of much enlightenment.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back