Elmer's #30 opposed engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I got bogged down on a couple of my long term builds and installing an Ebay 3 axis D.R.O. on my Mill-Drill. I decided to build an Elmer's opposed engine so I would have something complete for the Cabin Fever show. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.
Cheepo45

DSCN2244.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

Looking great so far Cheapo45. Is that flywheel chrome plated?

Thanks. The flywheel is 304 stainless- with lots of sanding and polishing!

Lookin good. I'm looking forward to cabin fever. We will need a bigger table with all the new engines you and Stan are building. I'm brining my Weston bye clock

Dave

I finished up my Elmer's #30 Opposed today. It went together really well and ran great right from the beginning. I am really stoked! Here are some pictures. I am still trying to figure out how to post a video of it running. I hope to see many of you at the Cabin Fever Expo in April. Now to clean up the shop and get back to my 1/4 scale Gade build!
Cheepo45

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2290.jpg

DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2292.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

Great looking engine. That is on my list to do. I can't wait to see it at cabin fever. I will be ther on Friday and stay till Sunday

Dave

cheepo45,

Now that is one nice engine. :cool:
Love that brush Aluminum, touch of Brass and that big chunk of bright stainless steel.
Looks like that will go onto my build list too ... must have been fun and not too long to do. Maybe a weekend build.

Beautiful job.:):)

Pat H.

Thanks! I like the brushed finish because it covers the scratches. It came out more photogenic than I thought it would!
cheepo45

Sweet, would love to see it running.

Looks good Scott!! So how many other have you built since we last saw each other? 20 years ago?

I have 5 or 6 in various stages of completion, and 2 others complete including my Upshur engine. Too many hobbies-not enough time!
Cheepo45

There is a video of this under "completed Engines" I have about 5 or 6 engines in various stages of completion and 2 others complete. Too many hobbies and too little time!
cheepo45

I had watched it all ready, before I knew who you were. Kinda makes my head spin because of its motion. I keep watching the pistons move in and out and my eyes start doing the same! LOL Great work!!

Latest posts

Back