Elmers #23 Beam doubled.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronkh

ronkh
Reaction score
Hello gents,

My first attempt at a beam engine (and any sort of engine)! apart from a fancy wobbler also by Elmer.
It's Elmers number 23 beam engine that I have made to double size. Not running at the best yet but that is because it's still to be finished i,e flywheel, rads/corners smoothed out and then painted etc, then I can get it timed correctly. My thanks to advise I had about this from some of you.
Its also not running fast because none of the linkages are as yet secure - everything is still a loose fit!
I'm sorry about the extra bit on the vid but that's because this is the first time I've used my camera as a video recorder. (I forgot to turn the ruddy thing off)!!
I do have a few pics of this build but because my next beam to be built is from a certain J.A.M.De Waal - which I have started and taken pics of so far - I thought that if you are interested, I could start a new build thread of that. I will download a pic of that wheel with a couple of other wheels for comparison plus the size and weight in a later post.

Kind regards,

Ron.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m516/ronkh1/?action=view&current=SAM_0645.mp4

Bit of a big bugga!

Shop 036.JPG

Shop 042.JPG

Awesome start !!! It is very interesting to see the different takes on Elmer's engines. I wonder if he had any idea that modelers would be using his plans so many years after the fact.

Looking forward to seeing it completed and running !

nice work, looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Brock

Looks very impressive at that scale. Ought to be a great display when running.

Latest posts

Back