Dummy magneto hall sensor mount

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coulsea

Reaction score
I have been thinking about mounting a hall sensor in a dummy magneto for a while now and finally got around to having a go.
I have a 3d printer so thought that i would print something to give me an idea of scale, for my first attempt at 3d cad i was pleased with the result. the template was the magneto on my 2 hp open crank buzacott. i printed 3 at 0.5, 0.4 and 0.3 scale.

IMG_2300.JPG

I used the 0.4 size with a few modifications as a template for an aluminium one
IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2304.JPG

it looks a little big on an engine with 6 inch flywheel and a little small on an 8 inch.

I Like what you're doing.
It's all on a back burner at the moment but I was working on some drawings for a Bosch flick mag for my 1/4 scale Gardner 3F. Just working from photos but it doesnt look a mile away from your second size one. I was going to put the three core from the hall through the base and bring the plug lead through the body and out the front more like the original.
I was also looking at putting the CDI coil and batteries in the case but minaturising the ignition is proving too difficult for me. As I said all on a back burner at the moment.

Attachments

• Gardner Mag.png
    Gardner Mag.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts

Back