DRO electronic scale error codes

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have Shars DRO on my mill, it has a positron digital display and a digital electronic scale on the z and y axises, but the y axis is not working.

The positron display only shows the same image as in the Shars display image shown here
303-9320Main.jpg

Does anyone know what this code means? I dont have any documentation for their product and their site has nothing. I'm guessing it means the display is not reading an input signal.

The scale seems to be stuck on a mm reading and doesnt change when I move the y axis nor does it change when I select the zero button on the scale or the display. I dont want to order a new scale if I dont need to.

Thanks

Try calling Shars Tool
They may have data
If they do not, A lot of DRO are made by some one else try internet for other MFG they may have the data you need.

Dave

I have Shars DRO on my mill, it has a positron digital display and a digital electronic scale on the z and y axises, but the y axis is not working.

The positron display only shows the same image as in the Shars display image shown here
303-9320Main.jpg

Does anyone know what this code means? I dont have any documentation for their product and their site has nothing. I'm guessing it means the display is not reading an input signal.

The scale seems to be stuck on a mm reading and doesnt change when I move the y axis nor does it change when I select the zero button on the scale or the display. I dont want to order a new scale if I dont need to.

Thanks

Try to take the cover apart sometime the switch get stuck in the casing. I have the same type on my Taig lathe
and end out taking the 3 of them apart and gently file the casing to have more clearence

I got mine from Busy Bee you can go absolute and pre set a thickness

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, Thanks Luc.

I'll be back in the shop later this afternoon... I'll take the scale off the mill and take off the cover to have a look at the switch. I'll also check the connections and cabling to ensure it hasn't been damaged. Failing that I'll give Shars a call as Dave suggested.

Thanks Dave, Thanks Luc.

I'll be back in the shop later this afternoon... I'll take the scale off the mill and take off the cover to have a look at the switch. I'll also check the connections and cabling to ensure it hasn't been damaged. Failing that I'll give Shars a call as Dave suggested.

Update:

when I got back into the shop I found that the scale hadnt turned off via auto shut off either so I pulled and reinstalled the battery to reset the scale, and that fixed the issue.

Something an old timer told me years ago when I was an apprentice check to see you have fuel before you put a new engine in the vehicle. :)

Latest posts

Back