dreeves awesome air powered radial 10 video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
Giving dreeves a hand...

Here is a video of his awesome 10 cylinder air powered radial!

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-2074419229342877491&hl=en&fs=true

That certainly is AWESOME
smiley-shocked016.gif

smiley-gen014.gif

Best Regards
Bob

I guess since the video is up I need to post some Pics as Wll.

Rudyfive012.jpg

Rudyfive011.jpg

P1010008.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

The rear housing was remade to make all the tubes in a line. I also changed the front Tubes with 2 bends at 45 degree angles to offset the rear tubes un like the ones pictured here

I hope you like the engine

So nice................great sound :bow:

smiley-shocked016.gif
smiley-shocked016.gif
smiley-shocked016.gif
smiley-shocked016.gif
smiley-shocked016.gif
smiley-shocked016.gif

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

WOW !! Uber cool !!!

Did you machine the crankcase by hand or CNC ?? Cylinders ??

All of the parts were made on manual machines. 1 9inch southbend and with a bridgeport mill at the time without digital readout.

Since then I have aquired a 13 Inch Southbend and A digital readout for the bridgerport

Super nice!

And without even a readout :eek:

Is it your own design? I wouldn't mind taking a crack at that crankcase on the new 4 axis CNC we've got coming at work.

Thanks for a great video and pictures of a truly remarkable engine. :bow: :bow: :bow: I hope to see it at a show sometime

Cheers,
Phil

KUSTOMKB,

The engine started as rudys 5. I added the five cylinders to the rear. as I guess is part my design but would not have been without Rudys great design. I also had to motify the valve for the five extra cylinders.

WOW!!!!! th_wav

Ian(seagar)
Coffs Harbour.
Australia.

dreeves, I have logged onto HMEM everyday for the last year or so and I can't understand how I miss this January video. That engine is fantanstic. :bow: :bow: :bow:
I love the sound of it. I think those air operated engines are just great. Chuck Fellows has prooved that.

putputman,Thanks for the great words on my engine. I have been out of the game for a while with work issues. I am back in the shop making chips again

Latest posts

Back