• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DR Mercer Models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the D.R.Mercer Traction engine models are still available?

I was hoping to make the most of the good Aussie exchange rate and purchase a Type 2 kit but after emailling both forrest-classic.co.uk & minsteam.com websites but haven't received a response from either.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tony.

Hello Tony!
Steamboat Willie here from Canberra.
I believe in answer to your question in relation to DR Mercer engines , the answer is yes. In saying that however, the chap that assists in the manufacture of these engines is a very elderly man and so production is not rapid.
The website for these engines is :
www.minsteam.co.uk
and the contact is Geoff Winwood, whose email address is: [email protected]
(note the capital G there!)
I am aware of this as I have corresponded with Geoff in relation to these engines some 12 months ago. He is a most helpful and obliging gent indeed, and a pleasure to correspond with.
I have only seen one of these engines in the flesh and close up, and to my eye, they are a delight. Theo are not the style of the mamod which has oft been referred to as a steam toy. These are a steam model, if you follow my drift.
I hope that this goes some way in helping to resolve your query.
Cheerio for now!
Bill.

Bill,

Thanks for the info. I have emailed Geoff and will update with any response

Regards,
Tony.

Latest posts

Back