Diamond Mill with Rusnok Head - No more excuses...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAndrew

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to share some pics of my recently acquired Rusnok milling head. I've had the Diamond horizontal mill for a while now and was able to pair it up with the Rusnok I happened across on Craigslist.

Here's the photos:
IMG_20140704_183946_zps987d28e9.jpg

IMG_20140704_183937_zps1c251b63.jpg

This leaves me unable to make any more excuses such as: "I don't have a milling machine..."

I'll be starting in on my first engine here soon. It's a two stroke single cylinder IC engine I designed. Here's a screenshot of it:
bugly1_zpse4b6b67b.jpg

I've nicknamed it "Bugly" (both "Big" and "Ugly"). Starting in with the cylinder liner (Cast Iron) boring and honing this week. I won't be posting progress as I work too slow for that but you can all be expecting the questions to start flooding in from me once I get started.

Thanks,
-J.Andrew

I got the milling head trammed in fairly easily and made some clamps for my new toolmakers vise:
IMG_20140709_232651-1_zps97d837ab.jpg

The protractor for the machine's nod was a full 10 degrees off and seems to be seized to it's retaining screw. Not a big deal I suppose but something for me to fiddle with one day.

The milling finish was very good once I figured out how quickly to feed. I'm very pleased with this mill setup overall.
-J.Andrew

Latest posts

Back