dad and his waterloo engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
well guys i have boasted,bragged and told you guys how proud I'm of my dad..........i have shown some of the stuff he has built so now today i told him he has to pose with his steam engine he is building.

so without further addo here is my dad and his steam engine ;D

IMG_1359.jpg

just to give you an idea of scale, my dad is 5' 3" tall.

a very happy and proud chuck ;D

That's cool and he looks happy. Thats what we do this for right?
Tim

All smiles here!

Great Engine!

I'd say your Dad has good reason to be proud of his work
as well as you of your Dad!

Rick

Chuck,

Listen very carefully to your dad. From what he has built there, he has a lifetime of great knowledge and skill, trying to burst out and pass onto you.
Soak up every word he has to say, and you won't go far wrong in your engineering forays.

John

Chuck: How about a picture of the whole tractor and a little history of what year, model, power and so forth it is modeled after. That is truly a work of love and something to be proud of (and fun). I have seen a few steam tractors at the Oregon Steamup and they are VERY impressive with their pulling power with the engine just turning over at a reasonable RPM as compared to the diesel tractors pulling the sled.
Tell your Dad "GOOD JOB DAD!!!!"
don

Chuck, there are two things to be proud of Dad and the Machine, my Dad pass on when I was 20 sure wish he was still here, I learned a lot from him but there was so much that I could have got and only years can produce that, he looks so happy and has the right to be, some more pictures would be nice, you should get a good long video of him explaining how it is made and operates, firring it up if not only to share with other to keep for his great, great grand children, that will carry on in someone in the family and will that one have a treasure, thanks for sharing with us here, Lathe Nut

Here in Cumming GA there is a group of guys who restore and maintain old steam traction engines. They participate in the July 4 parade through town, quite an interesting site. I'd guess that there are at least 30 engines every year. I'll be out watching again on Friday morning.

Kvom
Sounds like you need to join George Seal and me at an event in Carthage NC this fall. I can promise you'll see more traction engines in one place than you'll ever believe.... even after seeing them...LOL Here are a few photos from a past year. http://cedesign.net/steam/nc-steam . These show only a small portion of just one man's collection.

Steve

Latest posts

Back