CX601 Milling Machine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I'm not to bright?

Well, I didn't want to say anything ... but with a user name like "Dopey" ... :)

Of course, people often think my user name is a claim to be alert, and therefore are amused when I overlook the obvious or otherwise make silly mistakes. Which happens with depressing regularity ...

(Actually, a is my first initial, and wake is the first four letters of my last name, so "awake" is not intended as any sort of claim at all!)

Okay, boys and girls, here it is. The newly built Lever/lock. When the mill is in low gear, the 1/2" threads on the knurled piece fit in behind the motor cover and will not allow the mill to wander out of low gear. And when the mill is in Hi gear (which it is most of the time) the knurled handle unscrews and lets the arm swing out into the run position. The mill never tries to jump out of Hi gear. Will it work?--I really hope so. Did it cost a lot?--No, $15 worth of aluminum bar and most of a days time to make and install it. My time comes pretty cheap when I'm working for myself. if it doesn't work, I will probably swear a lot (That doesn't cost me anything) and I will let you all know if it doesn't work. If it does work, then I'm happy as a pig in mud. If you want to do the same to your desk top mill, I am posting the drawing of it. It is only designed for the BusyBee CX601 mill, but the concept can be used on any bench-top mill that periodically jumps out of Low range and eats it's nylon gears.
63BrFp.jpg

jnpYMt.jpg

uBwRtg.jpg

Last edited:
Brian, you can always zip-tie the handle to the chain, won't move then. :cool:
Or to the top lock screw on the body and through the top hole of the lever.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Back