Cross Drilling Jig.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockguy

Reaction score
I picked this up at Brothers Machinery yesterday. It was frozen solid but after some TLC it looks works fine. It came with three bushings, 5/16", 1/2" and 3/4" and all of them fit the 1" ID of the tool. I have never used one before so my question is this. Do the various size bushings that hold the drill come with an OD of the same three dimensions and fit inside these? I checked on MSC and several other suppliers but could not find the answer. Also the name plate is obviously not original so I am wondering who made it?

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

From the looks of the jig if you can't find drill bushing s that fit make your own out of drill rod. I've got different drill fixtures for wood and steel and almost all the bushings are made from drill rod that I've oil hardened.

Todd

You should be able to find slip-fit bushings that fit the large bushing in the fixture. Or, as suggested, make a bush to allow you to use other drill bushings for your specific job.

Latest posts

Back