Cirrus Mk1 engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I have the castings in hand. Yes, I am the lucky one that purchased the Cirrus castings. Has any one built the engine?

Can anyone give me any information on “Roper points, breaker box, and condenser, Engine Model #1900, Type 1935, Part #664-A8”

Thanks

Tim

No I haven't built the engine but if you sell me the castings and plans I could look them over and answer all your Questions!! Haahahah!!

Seriously, if that is the ignition system for the Cirrus, you might want to consider a conversion to the modern hall sensor ignition. They are easy to use and setup. I would think it will be alot less trouble than points once installed.

I thank you for the photo .I got it right .After looking at everything I got it figured out .I drilled my hole yesterday and Mine looks just like your photo.Next I'm waiting for a tap and a die for the 1/4-40 threads.I've been trying to find a size for cutting the threads with the die .the drill for the tap is a #1 drill but no where does it show what size to turn to use for the die...Have a great day everyone, GH

For a 1/4-40 die, why not turn to 0.250 or a little under? I don't understand the problem.

Latest posts

Back