Chevrolet 216 straight six

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgbrv8

Reaction score
i want to build a model of this engine does anyone know where I can get dimensions for it. Or if there are any plans out there all ready I intend to do some casting on this project.

Dave

mgbrv8 said:
i want to build a model of this engine does anyone know where I can get dimensions for it. Or if there are any plans out there all ready I intend to do some casting on this project.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Inline sixes are my favorite engine configuration. Great choice! How did you decide on the 216?

I don't know of any specific dimensional information published for the 216. You might get a copy of Leo Santucci's book Chevrolet Inline Six-Cylinder Power Manual. It covers the more modern Chevy inlines such as the 194, 215, 230, 250, and 292 engines. Chapter 3, Block and Head Identification and Selection, has some fairly detailed drawings (no dimensions) you could scale from. There is also some data for rod length, main dia, block deck height, etc. that could be useful. There are many photos giving good detail.

My copy is the first edition, but there is now a revised second edition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1931128278/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The book doesn't cover the old 216, but it may be helpful.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Regards,

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first off it's a legendary engine. then also I'd like to build it and give it as a gift to a dear friend

kuhncw said:
I don't know of any specific dimensional information published for the 216. You might get a copy of Leo Santucci's book Chevrolet Inline Six-Cylinder Power Manual.

Also have that book, as said it is loaded with photos, lite on dimensions. Would be a good reference book for the project you envision.

Robert

Latest posts

Back