• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Challenger Casting Set For Sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayhugh1

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
FEEA4171-5E4F-4D13-A55A-2E3FBBEF17D9.jpeg
I have a set of castings for the Cole's Challenger that includes the full size drawings, a rare Supercharger option, piston rings, some (maybe all) bearings, seals, and points. Most of the castings are aluminum and bronze but the flywheel is cast iron. There is also a set of ratty looking cast iron castings for the cylinder liners.

I purchased this kit from Coles during a visit to their transplanted Texas shop several years ago when I was first getting into machining. I didn't feel confident in starting its build at the time, and now, after the Merlin, I'm not sure I want to do another engine from castings anytime soon. I was told the supercharger parts were rare and no longer available, and so I purchased last set of parts that they had in stock. Everything in the kit is untouched and as I received it and I'm including a photo of everything I have but offer no warranty.

I don't need to sell the kit - maybe I'll change my mind about making another casting-based engine someday. But if its worth $1800 plus shipping to someone, I'll part with it and ship after your check or many order clears. I'd rather not get involved with non-domestic shipping. - Terry

I wish I had money for this casting set.
Good luck to new owner in machining this engine.

Latest posts

Back