CAD Showplace

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
With so many wonderful CAD drawings displayed over on the other CAD thread, I thought it would be fun if we had a show and tell thread that is nothing but the CAD drawings you think others would find interesting. So, bring 'em and show us!

Cheers,

BW

I'll start with my "Bob's No. 1" steam engine:

PerspSep10.jpg

4ShotsSep10.jpg

It was drawn in Rhino3D and took me something like 16 hours to do.

Cheers,

BW

Done in Alibre... was working on some modifications to Elmer's radial engine:

radial.jpg

and Elmer's scotty... for practice:

Scotty.jpg

Eric

Nice Elmer engines!

It would be cool to do 3D models of all Elmer's work. The guy was a genius with little engines.

Here are a few more from my archives:

An artistic handrail for a home theater. Done as an excercise for my blacksmithing course at community college:

MusicRail.jpg

A bench tapper I was playing with. Would be a CNC project:

BenchTapperRhino.jpg

My split cotter Kurt vise stop:

ViseStopRhino.jpg

CAD was extremely handy on that project for locating the intersecting holes on the split cotter relative to one another.

Cheers,

BW

Spent 12 hours modelling automotive brake bits. No, they're not going on an auto--They're going on an industrial centrifuge I'm designing.

assy of hyd brake in brake box weldment.jpg

Hi All,

Tumbler transmission for the Model Tug we are going to put a "Seadog" engine in.

TugTransmission2.jpg

Bob,

That split cotter end stop is nice!,,,,Does it fit a 6" Kurt you say?

::) ;D

Hey Brian,

Dual Piston Caliper....curious, what is that out of ?

Dave

steamer said:
Bob,

That split cotter end stop is nice!,,,,Does it fit a 6" Kurt you say?

::) ;D

Steamer, the vise stop fits a Kurt 6". Here is a picture:

P7123549.JPG

And a link with full details if you want to build one: http://www.cnccookbook.com/MTMillKurtViseStop.htm

Bryan, love the disc brake model. I'm planning to use a disc brake on a 4th axis indexer to lock things down for rigidity when milling. Will be looking for a small caliper though. Probably the cheapest motorcycle caliper I can find.

Here is a current tooling-related project I'm on about lately:

ATCSketch.jpg

Cheers,

BW

BobWarfield said:
Steamer, the vise stop fits a Kurt 6". Here is a picture:

P7123549.JPG

And a link with full details if you want to build one: http://www.cnccookbook.com/MTMillKurtViseStop.htm

Bryan, love the disc brake model. I'm planning to use a disc brake on a 4th axis indexer to lock things down for rigidity when milling. Will be looking for a small caliper though. Probably the cheapest motorcycle caliper I can find.

Here is a current tooling-related project I'm on about lately:

ATCSketch.jpg

Cheers,

BW

Hate to expose my lack of knowledge for all to see, but what does that thing in the vice do???? Brian--Nevermind--I clicked the link AFTER I posted, and I see what it does.

Bob,

You read my mind....eh hint.... ;D

Thankyou VERY much.

Brian, Thanks! was curious, it looked vaguely VETTE like ;D

Dave

Here is another shot of the vertical single in Inventor.
(still learning how to do this post picture thing.)

Love the vertical single, oldboatguy!

I looked at doing a Stephenson reversing gear on my No. 1, but never got to it. It looks good on your engine, so I may have to revisit.

Best,

BW

hey bob ............. any chance that there is some dimensions or other drawings for the bench tapper.
i think I'm going to be needing one for my next project ::)

as far as all the cad drawings and renderings (would that be the right term) they are magnificent :bow: :bow:

i know nothing about cad but i did try to use one once and that was a royal confusion ??? ::) :p

chuck

Chuck, I just threw it to together without much thought and without having looked over a tapper very carefully. I haven't pondered what I will do for collets, for example, or whether I like the scale of it for the kind of work I'd do. Also, those swoopy curves on it look great, but I had in mind it would be an CNC project once I get my mill converted. Not sure I'd want that design if I was going to make it manually. I don't really like to give out unproven drawings lest my name be taken in vain at an inopportune moment!

I'd suggest you ought to have a look at some of these Universal Pillar Tool tapper designs. Mcgyver built a nice one that's documented here somewhere and there are a lot of other ones around.

Cheers,

BW

Hey Oldboatguy,

Nicely rendered! I like that!

I havn't rendered much to date as my efforts have been more "I NEED THIS DRAWN SO I CAN BUILD IT" mode.

I have done some nice animations of parts and concepts to show to customers. I lets the "lay person" see what you have in your head. Very powerful tool it is.

Dave

Finally got my Snow Tandem Double-Acting IC engine drawing done. I drew this from plans in the HSM mag. I have to have something to do on these long nights way up north. Home Sunday by the way :)

Bryan

Snow, Double Acting Engine.jpg

Snow, Double Acting Engine3.jpg

Latest posts

Back