Cabin Fever expo

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw c'mon Phil. If you start swimming now you might make it in time for next year!

I'm planning to be at Cabin Fever on Saturday.

Twmaster said:
Aw c'mon Phil. If you start swimming now you might make it in time for next year!

Google Earth directions suggested I kayak. Rof} Rof} that might be a bit quicker. ;D
I'd look funny carrying a kayak all the way across Western Australia and though desert B4 I got to the ocean. woohoo1

Cheers

That first few 'undred miles might be a bit rough on the kayak tho'

My crew is planing to attend, not too sure that I'll bring anything to show. Although I would like to take Tin Falcon up on his offer. Ether way, hope to run into some of yaw.

Just a few days away . If you plan on displaying with your admin please let me know, and how much space you want/need. I will be near air lines.
Tin Falcon

I will be there all 3 days, with a new CNC router that I just got running. Ive got Mainer, a clockmaker and Brian Barker of Mach software riding with me so the 550 mile ride should be interesting conversation.

I will be mostly around the Mach3 software booth, and will have some stuff on the New England Model Engineering Society tables.

Im doing my usual "Adventures in Home Shop CNC" seminar.

Please say hello if you see me.

ron ginger

George,
Are you gong to bring your Holt to Cabin Fever? Love to see it, as well as that little 302. I am hoping to be there Friday early for setup, then shopping, and the auction. Hope to get to meet you there. I will have a maroon colored Coolspring Power Museum hat on.
Jeff

Supposed to have a heat wave in the 40's so my father in law and myself will be attending (1st time). I am taking the rest of the family but they are staying at the hotel and swimming,so we will be able to look around and spend money :). What can we expect from this show? I have attended the NAMES show in the past.

I think you will find it a lot like NAMES. A lot of the same vendors, but several additional used tool and metal guys. The paid vendors that are selling stuff are generally around the outside of the hall, the center portions are the exhibitors.

Be sure to look for the consignment sale area- thats where exhibitors can sell a few items.

There are seminars running all day Saturday, there will be a schedule out in the main hall, and Gary usually makes PA announcements before each seminar.

Two big items NAMES doesnt have is the model boat pond and the large G scale train layouts,

And of course, if you are there Friday the auction runs all day, hundred of lots, including some fine models and machinery.

Its a great show, the weather forecast sounds fine. I just finished loading my car, Ill be on the road at 7:00AM Thursday.

Went to the show! My first time.

First the apologies...I was not prepared. I should have made a list from this thread of the people who said they were going so I could have remembered the names. As it was, I only found Tin Falcon (because I'd met him before) and I met 'ironman 64'? (Trying to find you on the forum but I'm thinking I may have the name wrong?) I think there were two other vendors booths I didn't realize were HMEM members until I went through this thread this morning. And I wish I'd caught up with you others.

I should also have taken along my little voice recorder (or posted this when I got back when everything was more fresh.) I've posted most of the pictures I took...but I have no details.

Some of the pictures are duplicates because I couldn't tell how good the pic was. My new glasses are not right. :- Some of the pics are just to remind me of an idea.

I thought there would be nametags and was planning to use that to identify myself. But there were none...so this is what I had...

IMG_4611.jpg

The 'Z' button was from a project named 'ZT' at work. No relationship to me. ;D
The M&M man was also a pin from work from the makers. Now that I found it...you (Dean et.al.) can expect to see it in more pictures.

The following should link to the album if you want to see the pics...

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/zeeprogrammer/Cabin Fever 14

So anyway...it was a great show. I had no idea it or the hobby was that big. The place was packed. I saw several of the exhibitions that have been mentioned in the past in the forum. The engines were wonderful. I loved the trains. Being able to see boats and ships move around I think is a big draw too.

A big thank you to all the exhibitors.

Thanks for the photos Zee.
I always have had mixed emotions when I come back from a show.

Inspiration, admiration, and lots of fresh ideas.

Feelings of disgust and inadequacy and humility when applied to my own work.

And the wonderful feeling of "I am not alone" with all the people who share my dreams.

Thanks again.
Gail in NM

Thanks for taking the time to shoot and post these pics, Z. I always enjoy seeing other people's work.

Chuck

Zee,
I am glad that you were able to make it to Cabin Fever, And thank you for the pictures.

I suspect that you found the whole experiance somewhat overwhelming with everything there is to look at, study, photograph, measure, etc. I also suspect that it was totally awesome for you, and now that you know what to expect, it will go on your calendar for every year.

Did you buy anything? Kits, plans, books, tools, anything.

Now that you have been to one ME show. You will have to think about some of the others like NAMEs, coming up in April in Detroit.

Thanks for posting the pics Zeep for those of us that werent able to go this year. Glad you enjoyed the show too!

Bill

Zee

Thanks for posting that great lot of pictures. It helps those of us that couldn't or didn't make it realize what we missed. Great job. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

WOW yet another great show . This Is my 10th Cabin fever and I am still amazed at the shows. One of the things that amazes me is how some of the models have grown from couple parts to near finished protects. And some of the models are quite large like the drag line model that comes in on a forklift in a crated and is then assembled for the show. and the paddle boat engine model with paddle wheels that are at least 3 ft in diameter I wonder if the guy is going to build the boat for it.
Got there around 10:30 AM on Friday there was a line for buttons and registration.
Saturday was steady people all day. Today was fairly quite but folks still coming through the well into the afternoon in spite of a partial power outage. There was record attendance yet again they sold out of buttons got a batch of back up leftovers from last year sold them then started printing attendee labels.
I finally took some pictured this am about 50 or so. I gave out a good handful of HMEM cards there were quite a few folk that seemed very interested in joining this board. and I met a few folks that already post here and some of the lurkers here.
Tin

Great set of pictures...showing some models I never saw, even though I was there for 3 days! Another indication of just how big it is.

There is No Way pictures can begin to do justice to some of those models. You really need to see them yourself, then you can decide whether to shoot yourself now, or later, out of envy and feelings of total inadequacy.

Here are a couple more pictures. One is a rosewood hand plane somebody made. There's a model machine shop that was part of the PM Research sales table. There's a metal door knocker made by Peter Renzetti, by hammering out the form with tiny punches, burnishers, and chisels.

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

Great stuff and photo's, I see that George Lurh's engines were there. was he in attendance. As he has missed a couple of the shows in the last couple years.
;D

Latest posts

Back