Buying a milling machien

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine from them, a good company to deal with.
I am very pleased with mine, others may offer their opinions.

Gordy

I purchased mine here in Canada last spring and so far I am very pleased with it. I have added a spindle lock and spindle depth stop which have made it much nicer to use. I'm sure you would like it.
Gary

Thanks guyes, i also believe you because i have alread bought some tools and they are very helpfull. As for the milling i compared some milling with the same dimensions but still the X3 seems to have more features. I also like the option of the long table the only two things taht it doesnt have are the automatic table feed and spindle. Tough the feed can be bought separetly and the spindle feed i can fix something. :)

Drei

Just from the number of posts on the forum with SX3's in shot I'd guess there's a quite a few of us with them, and I haven't seen a negative post. Just remember you get what you pay for and they are good value for the hobbyist but I'd say could not be seen as to an industrial standard.

I'm very pleased with mine and my capability was increased immensely once I got used to it. I was concerned how much use the tapping function would be for small jobs. I now use it all the time down to 8BA and haven't broken a tap yet. (now I've said that I will)

Pete

Hi,

I was also viewing Warco milling machiens and I was impressed by the http://www.warco.co.uk/WM-18-Variable-speed-mill-D98781848F.aspx# VM-18. At the present I own a mill combined with the lathe and has the same exact head as the VM-18. I have very lack of spindle to table height and pbviously table dimensions as I use the carrige surface table which is small. I was impressed by this mill about the large table 840x210mm and also the spindle to table height which is 470mm. The most tings that I take in concern when I am buying the mill in my opinion is the motor, table dimensions and spindle to table height. Also other features buy right now the table and the spindle hight are the most things that affect me while machiening.
I dont want to buy the warco I like more the sieg mill also has more features but these to differences that I discoverd made my choice more hard. Any opinions or anbody own this mill..?

Thanks
Andrei

Drei, I have the WM18 (actually a VM4L from TMTT on Ebay but exactly the same machine). This is basically the same as the Optimum BF30. It is quite a lot bigger than the SX3. The quality of the machine is excellent, possibly slightly higher than you get on the Sieg machine. However, less features.

I am confused because one one side you have more features and on the other you have more height and table dimension. About the sieg, i like the head hand wheel position near the other hand wheel which is very handy insted on the column.

Thanks
Andrei

Latest posts

Back