Briggs & Stratton 6S

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Except for some work on making a settable throttle, I am considering the project complete. After the first video I wanted to add one showing the engine running at more of an idle speed which it now does rather well albeit with a little jumping around when it misses now and then. Its still has much less than an hour of run time so i hope things will smooth out even more with some additional time.

There are a few final pictures and below is the link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9UEHgLqgZY&feature=youtu.be

IMGP1143.JPG

IMGP1145.JPG

IMGP1144.JPG

thanks for the pictures and the video bill :bow: you have built an amazing little model Thm: Thm:

chuck

Thanks for showing us, Bill. I enjoyed seeing it being built, but its neat to see it alive.

Kenny

HI and well dun bill I have enjoyed the billed and the fine work to detail nice to see her run you no that the next project will have to be sumthing special to beet the last one regards bob

What a Journey! Thanks Bill, Wonderful job. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: th_wav th_wav th_wav th_wav.

Ron

Very good indeed...

I need to go and read up the build of this...

Thanks for showing.. :)

My deepest congratulations Bill. What a great piece of work you have done with the Briggs.
gbritnell

Beautiful model! Looks just like th original only better.

Simply amazing !!! Great work on the Briggs :bow: :bow: :bow:

Chads

Congratulations Bill!

What a fantastic job you have done. Thanks for sharing the journey and for all the tips and techniques you have shown.

That sound reminds me of my first go-kart. ;D

A fantastic journey to produce a winner. Congratulations.

real nice build and thanks for the build story, also a real nice runner. jonesie

Great job, maybe it will inspire me to do a 1/2 scale Johnson Ironhorse.

IronHorse

Hello Bill,

Wonderful job. It is amazing how it has all of the running characteristics of the full size engine as well. Thanks for documenting your build. Congratulations on a superb model.

Kind regards,
Mike

EXCELLENT build Bill! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for taking us along for the ride!

Rick

Thanks to all for the nice comments and for following along on this long build log. There will be a bit more tinkering over the next few weeks, but also a new beginning on the next project. Meanwhile its nice to just sit back for a bit and enjoy all the wonderful projects here on HMEM!!

Bill

A True Class Act, Excellent build from start to finish. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you. Brian

Awesome job. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Will you be bringing this one to Denton this summer? I'd love to see it next to its big brother.

Thanks,
Jon

Thanks capin and Jon. I don't usually go to Denton but will have it at Cotton Ginning Days in October for sure. I see you are just up the road from me and would love to see some of your antique engines as well...maybe we can figure something out while the weather is cooler :)

Bill

Latest posts

Back