Brians Flying Circus---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got all of my "Technical write-ups" laminated and scrounged around in my shed untill I discovered a 2 x 10' x 6 foot pine plank to mount all my stuff on. The plank is about a foot too short, but I'm going to use it anyways.--my costs to display this stuff in a local steam fair are now over $100, and I am to cheap to buy a longer plank. I have to hunt around tomorrow untill I find something to use for a backboard to mount all my Tech Write-ups on. Then I will stain and clear-coat all the wood.
SHOWDISPLAY-1002.jpg

Brian Rupnow said:
I am to cheap to buy a longer plank.

We don't really believe that Brian :D ;D ;) ............. anyway, just twist each model by about 30o and you should have plenty of room ;D ............. but I'm sure you figured that out.

Impressive looking display Brian
bowdown.gif
.......... have a great weekend.

Just a thought, you might have this sorted already, but ............. if the models are all going to be displayed on the plank you might want to think about keeping them secure (ie, if somebody stumbles and bumps into it, you don't want all that hard work getting gravel rash) ............. a bit of double sided carpet tape perhaps to keep everything secure and maybe a couple of clamps to keep the plank "Nailed down" ........... just a thought, hope it might be useful.

and, like I said before, please try and get some photo's 8) .............. but above all .......... have fun
headbang.gif

CC

CrewCab said:
We don't really believe that Brian :D ;D ;) ............. anyway, just twist each model by about 30o and you should have plenty of room ;D ............. but I'm sure you figured that out.

Impressive looking display Brian
bowdown.gif
.......... have a great weekend.

Just a thought, you might have this sorted already, but ............. if the models are all going to be displayed on the plank you might want to think about keeping them secure (ie, if somebody stumbles and bumps into it, you don't want all that hard work getting gravel rash) ............. a bit of double sided carpet tape perhaps to keep everything secure and maybe a couple of clamps to keep the plank "Nailed down" ........... just a thought, hope it might be useful.

and, like I said before, please try and get some photo's 8) .............. but above all .......... have fun
headbang.gif

CC

Crewcab---So right you are!!! This afternoon I drilled 3/16" holes in ALL the engine bases and in ALL the driven mechanisms. They are screwnailed to the plank. And the plank will be C-clamped to the display table.--Everything is all apart now with a nice coat of walnut stain on the plank and the backsplash---All the wood will get a couple of clearcoats of Varathene. The dark walnut colour should make the aluminum and brass really show up well.

Very Impressive Display Brian! Thm:

Rick

Brian

You are going to have one very sharp looking display there. All that hard work is really coming together. :bow: :bow:

I have ordered sunshine for the weekend for you as I don't want to see any rust spots on any of that fine looking machinery.

Have a good Show.

cheers

Don

Pleased to be of assistance Brian, hope Don's weather order gets through in time ;D

CC

Back