Bret's Primped Chucks Horizontal Single

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretk

Reaction score
Well here she is in all her "makeup" :p Ready for her builders photos just like the locomotive companies did before they delivered a new engine ! I Debated utting fins on the cylinder, but think that will wait for the vertical version I am planning with a cast iron cylinder (thanks Gail ::)) The green stripe in the inset on the crank is in honor of her Chuck's (John Deere) Heritage :D

-Bret

pic055.jpg

pic056.jpg

pic057.jpg

pic059.jpg

pic060.jpg

pic064.jpg

Now you done it Bret. No more videos because it's too pretty to run and get grease encrusted finger prints all over it.
Seriously, that's very nice. I never get mine finished up anywhere near like that. Mine look like they were made last century and never cleaned since.
Gail in NM,USA

:) That is a magnificent piece of work. well done.

Malcolm

Pimped with "style" Bret .............. nice one ............ Ralph, watch out fo yer' title mate ........you have competition ;)

Very nicely turned out SIR :bow:

CC

Bret,
Very nice set of clothes for the "old girl" ;)
Simply gorgeous!

Mmmmmm.... Shiny 8) ;D 8)

I do like the look of this 'tricked out' version of the beastie (hark at me down with the pimping massive! :big: )

Is it to be shelved or run for a few months first? ;D

Good look to the flywheels, quite different :)

I think you got yourself a real proper show piece there Bret.... perfect partner for your beam engine ;)

Ralph.

CC, I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. you are becoming sleepy.... I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. I have no title... It it a figment of your imagination. ................................

:big:

Ralph,

She has been running for the last 2 hours now, RPM's down to under 250, I like the sound of it running in the background, but the wife won't let me run it all night ::) :big: ::)

-Bret

That is a very nice looking engine!!! Did I miss the video?

Way to go!!!

Great piece of work, Bret. Love that green! How did you get the flywheel spokes to look so nice?

Chuck

I would have thought that the rhythmical tones of your engine could help you at night..... Sleep that is ;D

Good to know it is a full member of the household, do you run your beamengine next to it?

Have you tried to run them at different feeds and get them chuffing away in harmony? ;D

Good to know your enjoying your work, keep it up, now the question Everyone is asked immediately after finishing any project.... 'what's next?' :big:

Ralph.

Beautiful!!! Well executed and something to be very proud to display. Now I have to ask....whats next?

bretk said:
I Debated utting fins on the cylinder, but think that will wait for the vertical version I am planning with a cast iron cylinder (thanks Gail ::))

-Bret

Bret,

Talk to me about the vertical version you're planning? Are very far along in the design? Same bore and stroke?

Chuck

Chuck,

Flywheel spokes were the result of 48 hours in the vibratory polisher ;D As for the vertical version, just in the planning stages, I would like to do a rocker arm version like your recent ones, if I could get a rough sketch from someone ::) ;) ::)

Wes and Mickey,

Vid is here: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=2389.0

As for the next project, I am going to change my mini mill over from MT-3 to R-8 and add the lift kit too. Then I have a new 4 jaw chuck to make a backplate for. then there is my team build 2 parts, and my team build 3 parts.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Back