My "Chuck's Horizontal Single"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful stuff Bret, I really like the vids on your other post as well.

Now just tell me, were you worrying too much over making the cranks?

They look difficult, but when you get to do them, they are dead easy.

Well done

John

John, Much as I hate to admit it.. :wall: :wall: :wall: You were right ! :bow:

-Bret

Nice machine you got there Bret, I think you will have a lot of fun on your hands polishing all that lot!! :eek:

Waiting for the movie ;D

Ralph.

Ralph,

Check out the video in the videos section ;) I uploaded a couple of it running. As for the polishing, your blingmeister video couldn't of come at a better time! ;D She is apart and getting her primping now ;) :D ;) although she won't hold a candle to your wheel and tyre engine :eek: :p I hope to get a nice end product.

-Bret

I am just getting started on Chucks Single and have been redrawing it in autocad 2002 and wanted to share it. Sorry for the poor quality of the image

Chucks.jpg

Drawing it in 2002 is harder work than making the real thing!

Nice drawing, Dreeves. I'm just now trying to learn Alibre. Got a ways to go. Up to this point I've been pretty much limited to 2d.

Good luck with the single. Looking forward to pictures of parts!

Chuck

I would love to see more of your new valve design.

By the way here is another cad drawing you might know

untitled.png

rleete,

I had the fortune to have a great high school teacher that I still keep in touch with. He gave me a copy and gave me the basics. I learned mostly buy just trying. I have redrawn all the prints I get. I find it a great tool to draw in solid because it allows you to figure how to cut the part before you make chips. I still make parts 2 or 3 some times. Thanks also to chuck for providing the great prints to his hard work.

dreeves,

I have an Associates degree in CAD. I've learned (and forgotton) more systems than I can count. Many of the systems no longer exist! Back when AutoCAD was new, I was working at Xerox on the Intergraph system. My friend was a designer for a small company (he was the entire design department) working on the early versions of ACAD. When they'd come out with a new release, and brag about the added features, I'd wonder how he got anything accomplished. Simple stuff that we take for granted was new back then.

Years later, I started on ACAD 9, and worked with it up through the revisions and finally to Mechanical Desktop - this was when 386x processors were the norm - and spent more time rebooting than designing. By the time I got up to version 14, I was still typing in commands, as it was faster than learning where all the icons were on the various menus. I've since become proficient in Inventor, and for the past few years have moved on to SolidWorks.

Recently, I started doing some drawings for a member here. I have an older version of Solidworks on the home machine, and going back to earlier versions is more difficult than I remembered. Hats off to you for learning any CAD system. Took me a couple of years of college to do it.

Thanks rleete,

I started on autocad 14 and went to 2002. I have inventor but dont like and cant figure it out. It has been a learning curve. I had to laugh because I still type in comands because I dont know where all the tabs are either. I most likely do some thing in a round about way but I still come to the same cross road in the end. I will keep plugging away at it and learn new stuff every time I draw something. I wish i could rember how to safe a render as a photo to make it easy to show them.

bretk

I would like to know the center distance for the gears are. I am going to try to cut my own. :big: :big: :big: This will be the second time i have attempted to cut gears. The first ones worked out ok

Nice work dreeves!! AutoCAD is not so easy but it pays the time spent learning...
Cheers Paolo

Hats off to anyone that does cad been trying long and hard I think someone from another planet invented it they could have made it a little easier Boolean that's a term from bob cad
it could be much more user friendly. Like how about a crankshaft icon so you hit that and you just type in the size or a piston icon,flywheels. Gears they have but how many hobbyist no pressure angles. there could be a hobby cad ha good idea.

They have all that. It's in Solidworks already. It just isn't cheap.

Latest posts

Back