"Brandenburger Engines" on You-Tube

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxFigs

Reaction score
By accident, I came across a series of videos showing some of the most interesting, and clever model engines, that I have seen in a long time. Most of the engines run on compressed air, and are built from bar stock and scrap.

Engine No. 1 is an opposed-piston, tour-de-force in bell-cranks, oddly shaped connecting rods, and eccentric motion. Perfect size for the home shop builder.

The rest of the engines shown in the videos are just as interesting to watch...opposed pistons, sliding cylinders, chain drives...the list goes on and on. Air operated, no boilers, no fumes.

Not the usual, trite, done-a-million-times engines. Check out the eye candy on You-Tube. #s: 1, 9, 14, 11, 20, et al. I've seen some of these designs before, but on a few of these models you will see some interesting reversing mechanisms, etc. added to the original concepts. Also, most of the engines have been scaled up into a respectable size, and the motion is a pleasure to watch.

Plans? Who, where, how?

Frank

This link will get you started looking at them

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6BbrX9Q60[/ame]

Excellent stuff! I was thoroughly intrigued by some of the motions and it has got the 'grey matter' doing overtime, thinking of ways to incorporate some of these concepts into steam or IC engines.
I will definitely store this link in my 'ideas' folder. Many thanks for posting it.
Norman.

Latest posts

Back