Boring

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
Hello All; I have recently acquired a chopsaw that takes blades with a 30mm hole. I have several new blades with 5/8 holes. Any suggestions on how to accurately bore the centers larger. I have a logan lathe and a small vertical mill.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chris

Hi Chris, will need a bit more info regarding what sort of blade it is, is there an adapter on the shaft to hold the 30mm ones but the most important thing is to go to the welcome section and introduce yourself so we know who we are dealing with, not jumping on you on your first post but it is common forum ettiquete.

Brock

Hey Chris :
Your question slightly OT but if you are interested in Model engine building you are at the right place. if you please post and introduction when you get a chance . tell us a bit about yourself your shop and your interest in model engines.
now to your question . there are probably several approaches. mount the blades to a face plate. if you use your center in the tail stock it should be easy to hold it centered and in place while you install clamps. clamp snug so you can adjust if needed. once centered tightened down
indicate the the hole in with a test indicator bore out with a boring bar the center of the saw blade should not be hardened. If it is too hard you may need a carbide tipped boring bar.
tin

Back