Boiler Newbie questions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccstudent

Reaction score
just a few simple questions here about boilers. first off, a boiler is filled with water that creates steam and pressure and used to power small steam engines right?

as it seems most of them are heated with a small gas burner, or if they're small enough, can they be heated with one of those small wick burners?

last question. im looking to make one to power the small oscillating engine from littlemachineshop.com that i am currently making on the forums. and other small engines that i might make in the future. is this possible?

i looked on here and didnt find clear plans to making one, and still not fulling getting how exactly they work.

Ccstudent have you thought about a kit such as the ones from P M Research. I have found them very helpful when it comes to data for boilers

Didn't know there was such a kit!! Ill look into that. Thank you

there is a bunch of cool stuff. but 150$ for a boiler kit!!! seems a little steep to me :eek: any other leads??

there is a bunch of cool stuff. but 150$ for a boiler kit!!! seems a little steep to me :eek: any other leads??

Try ebay and search for jensen. Take an old boiler off of a junk one for $25-50 . Just remember scalding hot water under pressure fits in with hand grenades and small explosives!!!:)

Latest posts

Back