Bogstandard surgery update

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
For those interested, I just heard from John and his surgery went off without a hitch. Apparently they were able to avoid cutting the main tendons in his shoulder. He's back home now, with one wing trussed up nice and tight, but he's already noticing less pain. Say's he's looking forward to getting out in his shop and testing the "new" arm as soon as the saw bones gives him the okay.

Steve

wow didn't know John was going under the knife, get well soon -- can't wait to see the productivity level with everything repaired and in tip top shape

Cedge, I knew he was going in just couldn't remember when. I had the same thing done last January 8th. I couldn't come into the shop for 6 weeks. I went back to my desk job in 4. The surgeon didn't want me pushing or pulling on anything so that left out tightening the drawbar on the mill or the chuck jaws on the lathe. Tell him to make sure not to rush it. Mine came out ok, I am not eating vicodin like candy and I can at least use my right arm to feed myself and hold a coffee cup or sit at work all day. I do get some discomfort yet when pulling on my draw bar so I need to make a power draw bar some day.

Hope he recovers well and gets back at it in due time.

He's on the mend for sure. He's even getting grouchy about "her indoors" restricting him from going anywhere near his shop. The good news is that he can now move all his fingers after 4 - 5 years of not being able to do so. Of course his arm is very weak after all those inactive years, but he's due to begin physical therapy soon to begin building it up and the Medicos seem to be mumbling in positives again.

He says the current pain is certainly no fun, but at least it's all associated with the surgery and healing now. The chronic pain he's had to live with for so long has decreased significantly and quite noticeably . All in all, it's obvious his spirits are quite a bit higher than before the saw bones worked him over.

Steve

Ouch! If anyone deserves to have full and powerful use of his arms & hands it's John.

No tellin' how much neat stuff he'll crank out with all his body parts working right.:)

Get well soon Sir Boggie!

Milton

Bog, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Glad to hear you are doing better, and before you know it you'll be as good as new.

Steve, thanks for the updates.

I was wondering where he'd got too, wonder if he's allowed to use the computer. I thought I'd seen a thread where he said he was leaving the site but I didn't have internet access much so couldn't read the thread properly.

Look forward to hearing from him soon.

Al

Latest posts

Back