BLAST FINGER ENGINE VOTE

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE ENGINE

• Kacti's Wire Fantastic

• Mike's Tractor

• Roy's Finger Puller

• Kacti's Data Destruction

• Daves Flushable

• Kacti's Tin Can

• Ralph's Eat It

• Al's Wooden Spoon

• Steve's Hammering Device

• Al 2's Self Ejector

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kactiguy said:
John,
I didn't give blood, but I got a nasty blister from using some cruddy pliers to bend the hanger wire. Does that count?
I sliced the ends of my fingers holding a flywheel in the drill press... not sure if any blood came out.

I haven't voted yet because I haven't seen pics or all engines but I had a Bloody Mary whilst contemplating my possible input.

Ray M

Shred...
It's real easy to tell.... blood is the wet red stuff. If it's just warm, wet and yellow, then you're most likely ok. ::) ::)

Steve

I didnt participate, but I did vote. My choice was for the "why didnt I think of that" one. Being an engineer by profession, I am a big fan of simple elegant design. This contest embodied that and was refreshing to see. I am eagerly waiting to see what the next gaunlet that may be thrown is.

It is real nice to see all this merriment, even after the build is all over.

te_gui,

I think that with the people we have on this site, almost anything could be redesigned to a simpler and better format. The ingenuity from all competitors made my shoulders sag, as you said 'why didn't I think of that'. Sometimes, we think too complicated for our own good.

Now the team build is starting to come on line again, after all their fine efforts and encouraged by Tin, I don't think there will be another of these just yet. Don't want too much excitement in one go.

When things get quiet again, I will have to find another little something to keep us occupied.

Please keep this post going for the next few days, it keeps it to the forefront to remind people to vote.

John

Just in case there is any confusion, EVERY HMEMS MEMBER HAS A VOTE.

Just go to the top of the first page of this post and make your choice.

Here's a view of each engine, all in one place. Maybe it will make voting easier.

Kactiguy - Wire Fantastic - 45 Mins
IMG_3302.jpg

mike4517 - Tractor - 38 mins
fingerengine006.jpg

shred (Roy) - Finger Puller - 1 hour+
index.php

Kactiguy - Data Destruction - 3 mins
http://www.youtube.com/v/NfR6p-3dHng

dave e - Flushable - 17 mins
P1010005.jpg

Kactiguy - Tin Can - 45 mins
IMG_3323.jpg

Divided He ad (Ralph) - Eat it - 21  mins
DSC01683.jpg

DickDastardly40 (Al) - Wooden Spoon - 1 hour 10 mins
Picture010-4.jpg

Cedge (Steve) - Hammering Device - 5 hours 10 mins
finger-2.jpg

CallMeAL (Al 2) - Self Ejector - 2 hours
IMG_0578.jpg

Scott

Cheers Scott, putting all the pic's together here is very helpful, I've voted already but having just reviewed your post ......... it now gets harder :(

;) Many thanks mate :D

CC

I voted for the one that I liked best but that is no reflection on the talent or engineering ability of any of the contributors..They all winners really. I fortunate that I dont know any of the builders so that I wasnt tempted to vote on a friends work-

Hey Scott... You spelt my name wrong!! ::) ;D

Never mind you did go to all that effort... well done ;)

Oh and everyone... That's EVERYONE who reads this who is a member, go on be a sport and click on any of the above. ( you might just feel all warm an fuzzy inside? :D )

Come on join in the fun ;D

Thank you,

Ralph. (see Scott it's not to difficult ;) :big: )

Hey Raplh,

Only one day to go to put you out of your misery.

John

John,

I just thought I'd try to jolt some folks ;) (cattle prods don't seem to work through the ether!)

I spent last night starting my new engine and a couple of other little bits...So no misery... I'm quite chipper!! :D

( I've got shiny thumbs too :big: )

Ralph.

The results are in for everyone to see.

If you are into competition, Kacti's Tin Can was the members vote for the overall winner. Many congratulations.

But if I suspect what the members are really thinking, they are all winners.

Many thanks gents for all your efforts.

Just to sum it all up, even though he didn't get a single vote, Al2's ejector vid was the best one, because it showed the true spirit of the competition. Make it, enjoy doing it, and when it goes pear shaped, laugh about it. Well worth another watch.

John

I liked the self-ejector feature.. mine toppled over right at the end of my video, which I edited out most of. Now that's over I can bling it up and put it on the shelf.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm deeply honored. Thank you John for putting this competition together. Thank you to all of those who participated. Your engines were fabulous. Better than mine in my opinion. And thank you to those who voted.

I want to give back to the forum and let all of you who liked the tin can engine build your own. I am providing some easy four step plans to anyone who wants them. Happy building. :)
tincan.jpg

Congrats Kactiguy!! A well deserved victory and my personal favorite. Ingenuity at its best.

Steve

Guy,

Plans are great, keeping in the mood of the comp.

John

Kactiguy, Thanks for the plans. But one question... does it have to be a soup can or do you think other cans will work? (I'm concerned about safety issues.)

Seriously, congrats on the win. Well deserved. It's a great design.

Congrats Kactiguy...and three cheers to all of those that enlightened us with their creativity!! This has been a very enjoyable thread to follow over the last two weeks.

Bill

Latest posts

Back