BLAST FINGER ENGINE VOTE

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE ENGINE

• Kacti's Wire Fantastic

• Mike's Tractor

• Roy's Finger Puller

• Kacti's Data Destruction

• Daves Flushable

• Kacti's Tin Can

• Ralph's Eat It

• Al's Wooden Spoon

• Steve's Hammering Device

• Al 2's Self Ejector

Results are only viewable after voting.
B

Bogstandard

This is where you have to make the most difficult decision of your life.

You are voting on the entrants to this competition.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=2063.0

Choose your favourite engine based on design, how well it works and overall time taken.
I know it will be difficult because of so many factors, but go with your own gut reaction.

If I have set up this poll correctly, you will get one vote each, you can change it later if you are a bit undecided.
The poll will run for 7 days from this posting, and to keep it totally unbiased, no results will be shown until after the close time. Even I won't know.

What you are voting for - by order of submission

1 - Kacti's Wire Fantastic - 45 mins

2 - Mike's Welded Up, Chopped Down Tractor - 38 mins

3 - Roy's Finger Pullin' String Engine - 1 hour+

4 - Kacti's Data Destruction Machine - 3 mins

5 - Dave's Flushable, Self Cleaning Soap Engine - 17 mins

6 - Kacti's Tin Can Recycler - 45 mins

7 - Ralph's Eat It When You Have Finished Playing - 21 mins

8 - Al's Wooden Spoon Effluent Stirring Device - 1 hour 10 mins

9 - Steve's Proof Of Concept, Multi Hammering, Scotch Egg - 5 hours 10 mins

10- Al 2's Self Ejecting Conrod, MDF Flyer - 2 hours

Competitors, don't be downhearted if you get no votes. It is the taking part that counts. Everyone is up against stiff opposition. The best man will win.

I hope you all enjoyed taking part and giving so much enjoyment to the members.

The next one will be.

Make a nuclear reactor, and you must use a pot of unsweetened plain yoghurt and a lollipop stick somewhere in the build.

Well done and good luck.

Bogs.

Resisted the temptation to at least give myself one vote and clicked on the one which made me think 'b***er, why didn't I think of that!'

Good sportmanship Al, keeping within the spirit of the competition.

This is how we should all vote.

John

Job done! I reviewed the whole post and made my decision (no not me!)

May the best man win!! Or at least the one with the most votes! :big:

This has been a lot of fun.

Thanks John ;D

Ralph.

Done ................ but it was bloomin hard to make mi' mind up ??? .......... everyone who's had a go is a winner in my book.

Best of luck guys, and thanks for the entertainment ;D

Dave

I would love to have at least 3 votes...

Shred,

In my view, as Dave said, everyone is a winner, and everyone gets my vote.

The spirit of the competition was summed up in the last vid, submitted by Al 2, when the conrod fell off, the chuckle in the background said it all.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

John

Looks like we have a few votes, nearly 200 reads

Yeah, I had several favorites too. It was hard to pick one winner. John, thanks for doing this. It was great fun... both the building and also following the other amazing designs.

Heck... call it a 10 way tie. With the amount of ingenuity shown here, losing can't even be a consideration.

Steve

If all competitors want to call it a 10 way draw, then we will.

Please let us know, and I will stop the poll without looking at the results so far.

John

I'm not sure about that!?

I like the Idea of a winner who's innovation and vision made something cool from all sorts of odd stuff. Why did we all think of what we did....? The thing that inspired the ideas was 'competition'.
That was the driving force of random constructions ... non of us would have been after a grand prize or an a#@ kissing!

It's just fun... As is the vote.

I for one am expecting whoever wins to be happy ;D but not run around their home town screaming about their awesomeness!!!! :big:

Lighten up fellas it's a laugh!

Ralph.

I'm good with 0 votes or 200 on mine. I sort of like voting more than once though-- that way nearly everybody ends up with some votes and it's not as hard to pick your 3 favorites versus just one. I don't know if the forum software can do that though.

Shred
I'm with you. I already got all the good from this experience. A win or a loss wouldn't change the fun or any of the new ideas, one bit. I'm already well into building out another design, having put the water engine on hold until I can sort out some the blizzard of potential projects this one created. It was almost painful having to pick just one engine from the group.

Steve

I guess I haven't been lurking close enough. Could someone tell dummie how to acess pics of contested engines??

Ray M

I cheated and took a quick peek at the votes.

I am honestly very disappointed with the count. With over 300 views I would have expected a few more than 8% to have voted.

These chaps sweated and gave blood to give you some very good ideas and enjoyment for the past week or so.

So please, if you enjoyed the post, at least give these grand designers and makers a fair crack, and vote with your feelings.

If you are too miserable and totally without humour to hold this contest in contempt, please go read something technical. But please remember, without young men like this, with vision and foresight, your days of playing about with machines would never have happened. You would still be rubbing sticks together.

So fingers on the keys and VOTE.

John

It was almost painful having to pick just one engine from the group.
Yes that is true Steve, but when I decided to join in I knew the risks ;D It's all just a bit of fun really!

As Shred said
I'm good with 0 votes or 200 on mine.
I don't even care if I don't get one, I still laughed my a#@ off making and running mine :big:

John, Don't be too disappointed, I'm sure we're all still more than happy with the outcome of the event so far.... I'm wanting to make replica's of some of the engines displayed (some like mine just won't last... The nephew broke it!!) Also I love the fact that now thanks to this competition I know that I can run around like an idiot at any of my friends houses and build an odd looking contraption that will (no matter who says that it's rubbish) leave them all wondering how I could do it so quickly ;D

Ralph.

P.S. Wasn't it you rubbing sticks together ? or do I have the wrong end of one?!? :big:

These chaps sweated and gave blood to give you some very good ideas and enjoyment for the past week or so.
John,
I didn't give blood, but I got a nasty blister from using some cruddy pliers to bend the hanger wire. Does that count?

Divided He ad said:
I know that I can run around like an idiot at any of my friends houses and build an odd looking contraption that will (no matter who says that it's rubbish) leave them all wondering how I could do it so quickly ;D

And if they get bored with it they can eat it ;D :big: ;D

This has been a pile of fun guys, and I agree with John (BS) .............

Bogstandard said:
The spirit of the competition was summed up in the last vid, submitted by Al 2, when the conrod fell off, the chuckle in the background said it all.

Got to say that made me smile big time, to me, in any walk of life you need a sense of humor, it just makes it easier to take things in your stride ;)

Dave ................ aka CC

Back