Bad Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
Hi All,
Went to Ensenada on Biz. Flew into San Diego and saw the Midway on landing (a Marv recommended attraction). Saw the Midway and an Air and Space Museum on the drive out of town. I can't stop to see anything :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:. Biz calls, going back to SD tonight and flying out in the morn. So close yet so far. :'( :'( :'(
Tony :redface2:

Well it turned out not to be such a bad biz trip after all. I stayed at the Embassy hotel in SD and it over looked the Midway (I could almost touch it). I didn't get back to SD in time for a tour but......... it was nice to see out my window. I will recommend the Fish Market Restaurant (next door to the Midway). 50ft from the Midway with a tribute to Bob Hope and the sailors and ships that went on their missions. If you ever visit SD it's the place to go. And the Fish Market......best seafood and Sushi I ever ate!!!
Tony

Spent a week there when my son graduated basic training. I would live there in a heartbeat if family wasn't here in Indiana. 6 days of bliss and plenty of sights.

justlesh,
I hear you baby, Weather fantastic, Place Fantastic......whats not to like about SD
Tony

cobra428 said:
......whats not to like about SD
Tony

Earth quakes (has a tendency to ruin your shop), fires (tendency to burn up your shop), mud slides (tendency to cover shop with mud or move it to your next door neighboor "down" the road) :big:

Other than that it's not a bad place that I've never visited before.

Bernd

Don't forget SoCal is also home to brush fires, floods, riots, gangs, drugs, etc :big:

Yet, I still live there (in LA) :D

Mike is right. It's a terrible place to live. Why, it even rains occasionally in January. Sometimes you even have to wear a sweater when you go to the Christmas beach barbecues.

During our hideous winters the girls playing volleyball on the beach have to wear one piece bathing suits instead of the normal bikinis and thongs. Oh, the humanity.

It's a terrible place for sure. Don't come here.

mklotz said:
During our hideous winters the girls playing volleyball on the beach have to wear one piece bathing suits instead of the normal bikinis and thongs. Oh, the humanity.

It's a terrible place for sure. Don't come here.

AND sometimes those girls in bikini's are even rollerblading at the beach in December.

Heck, go up to Venice Beach and you'll probably see guys rollerblading in bikinis th_wtf1 ::)

The horror, the shame .......

You're fooling no one Marv.
I heard there was a house for sale down the block from you. Hmmmm.

ChooChooMike: So you've been to Venice Beach eh? Are you easy to pick out of the crowd? Or do you fit right in? :big:

Actually, the house next door is for sale at the moment. I know this because all the realtors have stopped by to ask me to please remain indoors when they bring prospective buyers around.

Look out of place in Venice? The concept isn't even defined (or indeed definable).

But not to worry. Mike and I will soldier on, enduring the agony of life in California, just so you folks won't have to come here and bail us out.

Marv,
I knew you would chime in on this thread before long and I was looking forward to it...you didn't disappoint either....still smiling

Bill

Marv,
If those Realtors only knew

I would think having you next door would be a asset

Want to move to Georgia??????

georgeseal said:
I would think having you next door would be a asset

And thus my interest in the house next to Marv's that's for sale.

Buy hey Marv, if you want to stay there and endure the agony...well I'll stay here in blissful ignorance and feel sad for you. :big:

(Actually, I'm pretty much in blissful ignorance wherever I go.)

Latest posts

Back