Anzani 3 cylinder radial drawings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea where I might be able to buy or obtain drawings for the Anzani 3 cylinder radial?

Chuck

Hi Chuck

I seem to remember a write up in 'Model Engineer' about Anzani engines, but a long time ago, maybe mid '70's.

There were illustrations, but not as I recall, working drawings.

Do you mean 'Radial' or the other configuration which always struck me as somewhat ungainly?

Anzani made a fan engine circa 1909, with cylinders at 10 - 12 - 2 o'clock-ish, I saw a model of this in a Steam Rally in UK some years back. I think it was a working engine, but not in action when I was there.

You could try looking in one of the Index Sites for M. E.

Interesting Marque -- did all sorts of engines for bikes, boats, aircraft etc.

With varying degrees of success and lack thereof.

Bluechip

I'm looking for the 3 cylinder, true radial. I have drawings of the other, fan engine in a strictly IC magazine. Don't care for it so much.

I found an email address of the fellow who used to sell the castings and drawings. I've sent him off an email to see if I can buy the drawings. We'll see if he replies.

Chuck

Chuck,
Here is some information (and photos) that might be helpful. Most of it came from Ron's site:
http://modelenginenews.org/index.html

Drawings and castings were made by Les Chenery. Les passed away a few years ago, but his son's email is:
[email protected]

He might be able to help you find what you are looking for.
Les serialized the construction of this engine in 1996 in Model Engineer. From Ron's site:
"This is just one of Les' designs that has been serialized by Model Engineer in past years. The construction series started in issue 4022, dated 2-5 August 1996, and continued for the next eight even-numbered editions.

The first photo is of an engine constructed by Mick Cherry from these plans and castings, and the next three photos are of Les's engine.
engine01.jpg

anzani1.jpg

anzani2.jpg

anzani_run.jpg

Gail in NM,USA

Thanks for the info, Gail. I was able to reach John Chenery and he can provide me a 9 page set of drawings for about $80 + shipping. Kind of pricey for my purposes. I'm also watching for Model Engineer in the years you mentioned.

In the meantime, using Visio, I cobbled together my own stylized drawings of something close to the Anzani radial. We'll see what I come up with.

Anzani.png

Chuck

Latest posts

Back