ANZAC Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tel

Reaction score
All the best for ANZAC Day to all youse blokes on the right side of the equator. Don't lose too much on the two-up.

And to any old Diggers here - ONYA blokes!

...and cheers from North of the equator where we await the arrival of summer. You guys did ship it north to us....right?

arry

We must have, it's pouring rain here and 10C :big:

Tel,

Thanks for the ONYA. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Quit complaining. It is -1.4°C and snowing here this morning. I cleaned up my lawns last weekend and should be starting on the flowerbeds and garden. Damn global warming!

When I hear the word ANZAC, I'm reminded of a documentary I watched a few years ago, it was done in the style of while a photo of a battle field or men or equipment was on the screen the narrator would read an after action report or letter home. In one segment there was a photo of three young ANZACs 17-18 yrs old and someone started singing a song, it was a typical soldiers complaint about military life, it was sung to the tune of what I know as "Sweet Betsy from Pike" I immediately recognized it, the words were different but the sentiment was the same, I'm sure this was brought to Viet Nam by Aussie troops. The time ,faces and uniforms may be different but some things never change.

A slow hand salute to those who have fallen and those still with us.

Jim

Latest posts

Back