another old newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_bones

Reaction score
Hello all,

Like others, I have been lurking here for a while. This is the best site for plans, questions and ideas for small engines.

I am a retired CNC programmer and machinist from eastern PA with lots of experience making other people’s parts. Now, it’s great to have the time to make things I want to make. I divide my time between making furniture for my family and building small steam engines.

In my shop I have a Rockwell lathe, drill press, band saw and disc sander. I would love to have a bench top milling machine but haven’t found one I can afford.

I look forward to seeing new projects here and asking lots of questions.

Thanks everyone.

Howdy hey & WELCOME home oldbones.
i am new to machining so post away i really need to learn as much as i can

Everyone calling themselves newbies here and then confessing to all the machining tools and shop stuff they have is really upsetting to us (seemingly rare) true noobies!

;D

Spent my whole life in electronics of some sort or another with a smattering of electromechanical systems inter-mingled, and was always building some kind of model or another. I suppose the progression to real working specimens is just a natural evolution some of us just undergo spontaniously.

^ all that is geek speak for welcome from another noob,
Kermit ;)

When I look at some of the amazing work shown here… I’m a newbie. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

old_bones,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

I think we should throw that word "newbie" out the window with the wash water.

Your not new to machining just new to the forum. So welcome and lets see some pictures of that shop or anything with a crankshaft you have in build progress or running. ;D

Regards,
Bernd

when you post there are button above the smiley faces. you want the third one from the left that looks like a picture frame. Push that button and the code you need will be inserted. You simply put the cursor between the two code words that appear and then paste your URL code right there between them.

Simple

It is basically
Code:
[img]http:(Location address of picture)[/img]

For your Picasa Album Picture it is:
Code:
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CYs1wbVoS8A/SXct7LzNvEI/AAAAAAAAAvs/_81lLvvz3LM/s720/IMG_4772.JPG[/img]

It might look a little confusing, but after you use it a few times it becomes very easy.

Rick

Latest posts

Back