Another newcomer.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Septic

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm a bored, retired, oil-soaked spanner merchant who spent 30 years fixing, bodging and persuading plant and machinery of all types and sizes to do it's job properly.

Now, I just can't give up tinkering or "improving" things and after keeping other people's machines, cars, bikes, aeroplanes Etc. going for so long, it's about time I machined a bit of metal for myself.. And if possible, add to the wealth of knowledge already floating around on the net.

Like many "time served" metal-spoilers, who spent much of their careers mentoring apprentices and trainees I can sometimes come across as being a bit like a school teacher, but its not because I look down on others, It's because I think it's better to explain things carefully and clearly where heavy, sharp, or powered items are involved and I appreciate it when others do the same so I'll apologise in advance for any lack of tact or political correctness I may display in my posts.

Hi Septic
Welcome to HMEM.
Like yourself, I'm Time served, in the days when you served 5yrs as a Craft Apprentice, then a further 2yrs as a Journeyman.

Keep us up to scratch with your tinkering.

Hi Septic and welcome to the forum.

Welcome Septic,

I've been here a short time myself but I think you'll fit in great. I learned a great deal from an old timer teaching the trade school I attended... after he had retired twice already.

I'd prefer to learn from some one who's been there done that as much as you have.

Hope you enjoy the place as much as I have.

Latest posts

Back