All Things Shiny

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutsqueezer

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Ah, nothing better than silver and gold, so shiny you just have to touch it... HEY! Don't touch that! *knuppel2*

I still have to make a couple of parts for this wobbler like the cylinder and piston but so far I'm pleased, considering it's my first one. I love the artistic aspect of model engines as much as anything else.

Had some Cocobolo left from my wood turning days for the stand. Still have to trim the crankshaft to length and attach the flywheel, as you can tell.

-trout

Steam_1.jpg

That is going to look great. I love Cocobolo. It has such rich grain and color. Looks like the colors are going to look great together.

Looking fantastic!!!
Love the polish you have on those parts!!

Will be watching for more pics...

Gorgeous work, Trout!

Chuck

Lookin good! :bow:

I like the wood you used. It's little touches like that (artistic) that make a build stand out and be noticed.

I'm putting that wood on my wish list.

-MB

Beautiful craftsmanship!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

Almost done. Still have to make the steam connector, oil it up and put the pedal to the metal.

It never would have come out this nice on my first try had it not been for many people. My thanks to all those who put in the effort in this forum by creating and maintaining it, by asking the questions and those who provide the answers. Anyone who posts an idea or picture of a project or a workshop, you should know that somewhere, somehow, you have influenced somebody, maybe next door, maybe on the other side of the world.

I'm one step closer to that third scale, hit and miss IC engine dressing up my shop. I'm a patient man, a single cylinder wobbler was a nice beginning.

-trout

DSC04746.jpg

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04747.jpg

Gee thats purdy!

Nice work. A little elbow grease pays off in the 'bling' department!

Troutsqueezer

Great looking little engine there. It certainly is one that you can be proud to show off. Glad to see that your enjoying yourself on the forum. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Trout,

Nice job - great bling. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back