Alibre Help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it would be easier to enter all dimensions as measured on the real machine and just let the computer do all the scaling.

Another aspect to consider. If you have access to decent factory drawings or photographs along with known corresponding key dimensions, and your cad program allows you to import these scans as jpeg type background image, you can essentially 'draw on top' of that image in layers to try & achieve something close to scale in the absence of detailed original blueprints. But this potentially brings up other headaches like distortion & (forgot the term, lens 'edge effect' in photography), but anyway, hopefully you get the idea of what can be done.

ps - I dont do this for a living, I'm a self-taught hack. Everybody starts somewhere!

2011-09-29_212830.jpg

Thanks for the help that I was given but I have another question. I have drawn all the parts for the Nemett Lynx engine apart from the Cylinder Head. I am trying to draw the spark plug hole that is drilled at an angle of 25 Degrees.

I have drawn some of the parts in Solidworks when I had access to a copy for a while and I have imported the models but I am not able to edit those models in Alibre. Is there a way to import the models so I can edit the models.

Please can somebody help me with these 2 problems.

Latest posts

Back